Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wishing everyone a productive 2023 season. Hope 2023 is better than last year here in Virginia. At least the rainy summer gave us a lot of chickens. View attachment 44560
Howdy @barndog ... Morels were also surprisingly harder to find for Many of Us thru-out Indiana last year.. We still enjoyed our Hunting and found some.. but not in any huge flushing amounts..
I hope to get in the woods more for summer Fungi this year...cause I do love Chickens

· Super Moderator
Summer and fall shrooms are my addictions
822 Posts
Howdy @barndog ... Morels were also surprisingly harder to find for Many of Us thru-out Indiana last year.. We still enjoyed our Hunting and found some.. but not in any huge flushing amounts..
I hope to get in the woods more for summer Fungi this year...cause I do love Chickens
A lot better than you get at the store lol

· Registered
561 Posts
You will have join our 42nd annual Squirrelfest this year here in Indy, always the first full weekend after opening day, 8/15.

Still hoping the weather changes and we get some ice fishing before March. Of course 6 more weeks to chase rabbits with the boys, just few things to pass the time til mushroom season.
Where is the squirrel fest located at? Would like to check into that

· Registered
846 Posts
I've decided that I'm gonna have me some Morels for Breakfast, I'll see yall in the Morning, Good night 😴
Hey Wade . . .here's yesterday's lunch - my last Chanterelle soup, frozen last summer.

Brightened with a Lemon Wedge, sprinkle of dried Dill and a dollop of Sour Cream, this reminded me of how much I liked the recipe I used last summer.
Black Bean/Quinoa chips with Garlic/Herb Boursen's cheese was a nice textural and flavor contrast.
Food Tableware Blue Ingredient Dishware

So . . . while yummmm-ing my lunch delight, I contemplated what to do with my last dried MORELS. ? ? ?

Natural material Wood Ingredient Cuisine Staple food

Any suggestions, anyone? 😎 🌞 🌝

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey Wade . . .here's yesterday's lunch - my last Chanterelle soup, frozen last summer.

Brightened with a Lemon Wedge, sprinkle of dried Dill and a dollop of Sour Cream, this reminded me of how much I liked the recipe I used last summer.
Black Bean/Quinoa chips with Garlic/Herb Boursen's cheese was a nice textural and flavor contrast.
View attachment 44565

So . . . while yummmm-ing my lunch delight, I contemplated what to do with my last dried MORELS. ? ? ?

View attachment 44566

You sure do, Fix up a Fancy soup...
For Morels i think my favorite will always be the flour and skillet fry, that's the old original way I had them when I was just a boy, and I'm always longing for that flavor again.

· Super Moderator
Summer and fall shrooms are my addictions
822 Posts

View attachment 44565

View attachment 44566

Save the rehydration water for a more flavorful soup or pizza dough

· Registered
284 Posts

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You guys have got me fired up early. Just made me sample some flash fried vacuum sealed morels from last season. View attachment 44575 Sandwich in the making. Glad to see Wade recovered and ready to go!
Thank You @jim_t57 I am Not in Optimum Health, but I am Really Really Good, and I Will Never Give Up...
Hey Man those look like one of the best ways ever to keep Our Morels, So keep us informed of how you do that..
Love the Hunt
from Wade🤠

· Super Moderator
485 Posts
Where is the squirrel fest located at? Would like to check into that
It's a thing a buddy of mine and I started back in '81, the year I got my drivers license and became mobile. We went hunting/camping opening weekend of squirrel season that year, and have been doing it ever since, it's out near Bainbridge IN. Back in the '90s, early 2000's it turned into quite a thing, we make squirrel fajitas, stir fry, dumplings, gravy. One of those weekends you finish one meal so you can start the other.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts