Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season could well start this year in February for Alabama. It has started in February for at least the last 3 years running. Ground temps near Bham have a ways to go; 2,3,4 weeks or more depending on the weather. My hunting partner and I are watching our spot that is dozens of miles south of Auburn, Al. At this location the soil is warming and air temps are forecast to be averaging hi 64 and lo 47 for rest of January. If that verifies and it doesnt turn back real cold in February we may venture out around Feb 5th or Feb 10th. Definitely time to watch soil and weather forecasts from Augusta to Dallas and points south of that line

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heading out to give things a look in south Alabama tomm (2/11/21). Will be hunting pretty far south. Location is about 25 miles south of Montgomery.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thoughts on Alabama timing. South Alabama should start last few days of Feb. or first few days of March. And by South Ala, i mean any hunting near the Selma/Montg./ Phenix City line and points south. Im guessing my metro Bham spots will start somewhere in March 8-14 range; of course weather dependent, and if we get another super chill week like this week is; that would cause more delays in morel commencement..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chonas, i tend to think first finds in South Alabama these last few days of February. My Bham spots start March 4-9 range and Huntsville start March 10-15. Hey it doesnt hurt to look early. My dad and i hunted at our s alabama spot Feb 11 & 19; and were going tomm/ friday (26th).. i just hope we have a fruitful season whenever it does start

1 - 8 of 8 Posts