Another good week in Swain Counrty

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by trowe, Apr 19, 2015.

1. trowe

trowe Morel Enthusiast

Found 45 nice yelos on Friday-3-4 inch size. Checked another spot on Saturday that had produced in the past and only found a few. Went back to the same hillside I hunted on Friday and found 35 more yelos. Most were mature but did spot a few that were real fresh. Left a few that were real old. My wife picked around 30 or so from around our house-mostly tulip morels. Brings our total to around 225 for the season. Rain today and some sun next week should start our local patches of greys to start popping. After the grays we start following them up the mountains. Should have another 3 weeks or so in our season.

2. mountainman0073

mountainman0073 Morel Enthusiast

I'm from around your neck of the woods too. I went Saturday as well to a new spot that I drive by all the time and decided to give it a try and found about 20 giant yellows. That brings me to about 6 pounds or so this season so far. I've got a pretty good patch behind my house around an old pear tree that I'm watching right now, letting them grow for a while since I know no one will bother them there. Let me know if you need some help with your spots. Haha just kidding! Good luck.

3. trowe

trowe Morel Enthusiast

Glad you are having some good luck. Love the mountains-just keep chasing them up the hillsides. I'll gladly help you with your spots too. Hope the season keeps going strong. Where are you located?

4. mountainman0073

mountainman0073 Morel Enthusiast

I'm located in Cherokee county. I went back out yesterday evening and found about 8 pounds of blondes and greys, going back this evening to check a few more hollars around the same area that usually produce pretty good. Good luck.