Any finds in New Hampshire ?

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by shroomer 574, May 11, 2016.

1. shroomer 574

shroomer 574 Young Morel

I am an implant from the midwest :) Have found them in Vt. in previous seasons further north but first time looking in southern New Hampshire. Happy shrooming !

2. tadams2526

tadams2526 Young Morel

I was mulching in my garden today in the Lakes Region of NH and found a few Morels right in the garden along the rock edging.

3. shroomer 574

shroomer 574 Young Morel

I am in the Monadnock region, hoping I didn't miss them :(

Nice to find them right at home, I am jealous ;) Enjoy !! I am headed into the woods.

4. matthew crouthamel

matthew crouthamel Morel Enthusiast

I am also in the Monadnock region, been looking for a couple weeks, nothing yet... I've got a few intriguing spots I'm going to check in the next few days. Good luck everyone.

5. Xulgiy

Xulgiy Morel Enthusiast

They are up in the Monadnock region, 46 small yellows and greys. Giants will be coming soon!!! Lots of rain this weekend will only help

6. matthew crouthamel

I know ahroomers all like to keep their spots secret... but, I'm a real novice and was wondering if you would be willing to give me some hints about good areas to check out? I would be so greatful!

7. Xulgiy

Xulgiy Morel Enthusiast

Look along any river or stream open areas around dead elms. It has taken me 15 years to locate the areas I find them in. I honestly tell no one..lol...not even my wife!

8. matthew crouthamel

Thank you so much for your knowledge. I have contracted mushroom fever, and I understand the secrecy. I'm am in Peterborough, would you suggest going west? Have you ever spotted them around this area?

9. matthew crouthamel

I so badly need to find just 1!

10. Xulgiy

Xulgiy Morel Enthusiast

I would look in your area around river and streams, where you'd find elm, and sometimes as find them around ash and apple. Elm out produces the other two by far!

11. matthew crouthamel

Are you still finding? I searched for six hours today along the Souhegan in Milford ad Wilton... found elm and abundant ash... not a single one.

12. Xulgiy

Xulgiy Morel Enthusiast

We are, although I think it's winding down. Finding larger yellows in the Monadnock region, which usually means it's winding down. I feel the next week should still produce...keep searching, you'll find them!!

13. matthew crouthamel

Still no luck, you still finding them?

14. Xulgiy

Xulgiy Morel Enthusiast

I found some giants on Tuesday, but most definatetly about spent.

Attached Files:

15. Trac

Trac Young Morel

North of the notches hunting-SIGH! Been out several times. Only thing found so far is antique bottles,rhubarb patch,pretty white flowers and 15 ticks. Not giving up and will be out again tomorrow depending on weather. Good luck in your searches also!

16. matthew crouthamel

do you ever have good luck up there?

17. MushroomJar

MushroomJar Young Morel

Ahh I'm going to have to catch these next season! Didn't know people were finding them here in NH... super excited :)

18. matthew crouthamel

Please do, I struck out, but she. Know folks who struck fungold