Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Awesome finds, Barndog. I'm not having as much luck as you, but consistently getting a dozen or so each day for the past week before I run out of day light. This whole job thing is messing up my mushroom hunting. I'm heading out now in the rain myself.

Tomorrow, Monday, should be a great day after all this rain. If anyone wants to meet up and go for hunt send me a message.
This weekend? Have a wife that's never tried one, and a son that's never found one. Too far from home where my spots are, and can't seem to find one here (williamsburg). Already put in about 100-120 miles worth of looking

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I went yesterday and only found a few. I think the season is coming to a end in my area. I would look in the highest elevation possible. The few I found were 1/3 way up the mountain and as I worked my way down the mountain I found less and less till I was at the creek level and found none where I generally find them. Nothing good lasts forever......

Well, I've found 100+ over the last few days. Found exactly 50 yesterday. I found a huge 8in tall yellow that had been up for a while and then in the same area, find brand new ones just popping up...weird. I did find a few reaching the end of the life cycle though, so it may be winding down in my area too. But who knows...possible rain this evening and warm temps might stretch things out a while longer.

I still haven't left my main spots to search at higher elevations. A friend of mine did and had some success earlier this week. Hoping to get up there this weekend.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.