1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Any one in the quad cities finding any ?

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Tool fan, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Tool fan

Tool fan Morel Connoisseur

Getting upset been going out every day south north east west nothing

2. Tool fan

IMG_1036.JPG IMG_1037.JPG IMG_1038.JPG This is what I'm

3. Tool fan

4. Tool fan

5. sharky597

sharky597 Morel Connoisseur

I'm straight east of you, just south of 80, in LaSalle County. I've been working 12s but finally have time off next week so I'll start scouting my spots. All the guys I know haven't found any up here yet but your pics of the mayapples popping is a good sign as well as the pheasant's back shroom. With the reports downstate it looks like we'll be seeing at least greys within a week or week and a half.

6. 25lieb

25lieb Morel Enthusiast

They are close. There have been finds in Carroll and ogle counties this week. Seems like we're getting enough moisture, just need a little more heat.

RIley likes this.
  7. Tool fan

Thanks for the help was starting to think it was just me

8. RIley

RIley Young Morel

Im in the qc,hit a few spots seems wet enough. Seems like we just need more warm weather the mayapples are popping up but they aren't as thick as they are when the morels usually pop. not a lot of coverage from the canopy either. temps are staying where they need to they should be popping up in minute. i havent seen a lot of fungi besides moss.

9. Tool fan

Cool what area do you hunt in without being to specific I now how people are about there spots

10. carving

carving Morel Enthusiast

I just found a bunch of morel mushroom walking sticks on ebay for $30 :) THEY ROCK!

11. shroom god

shroom god Morel Connoisseur

Admire your desire, but patience is a virtue. Conserve your energy for about 72 hours. To quote Pearl Buck in The Good Earth, "The oxen moves slowly but the earth is patient."

We are on the very edge. Scott and Clinton Co. area will have a decent start by next midweek. If you can't wait, head to Muscatine or Louisa areas hit by 2014-15 windstorms.

Hit it hard, and GL tool.

12. Tool fan

Thanks bud good luck to you to

13. Curiousmush90

Curiousmush90 Morel Enthusiast

Been to rock island county a few different spots, have not found any. Also looked around henry county a little bit didn't find anything there either. I don't know if it's my bad luck or not enough heat.

14. Tool fan

Went to Sauk valley trail to day walked a few but still nothing

15. Curiousmush90

16. Curiousmush90

I'll keep posting when I go out,what area and if I find anything, still nothing, I found some dung cups and some pheasant back, that's all.

17. Tool fan

Same
    going out rn

18. Brody Peterson

Brody Peterson Young Morel

My brother-in-law headed southwest to Carthage, IL yesterday and found few pounds. After the nice warm weather today and tomorrow I'd say they should be poppin up like crazy!

Curiousmush90 likes this.
  19. Tool fan

IMG_1044.JPG Found in Scott co. Today only one tho

1 person likes this.
  20. Curiousmush90

Wow nice still, near or under any certain trees or completely random one? Checked blackhawk state park but only had time to check about 5 acres of it, nothing.