Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Help please
I'm straight east of you, just south of 80, in LaSalle County. I've been working 12s but finally have time off next week so I'll start scouting my spots. All the guys I know haven't found any up here yet but your pics of the mayapples popping is a good sign as well as the pheasant's back shroom. With the reports downstate it looks like we'll be seeing at least greys within a week or week and a half.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are close. There have been finds in Carroll and ogle counties this week. Seems like we're getting enough moisture, just need a little more heat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in the qc,hit a few spots seems wet enough. Seems like we just need more warm weather the mayapples are popping up but they aren't as thick as they are when the morels usually pop. not a lot of coverage from the canopy either. temps are staying where they need to they should be popping up in minute. i havent seen a lot of fungi besides moss.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in the qc,hit a few spots seems wet enough. Seems like we just need more warm weather the mayapples are popping up but they aren't as thick as they are when the morels usually pop. not a lot of coverage from the canopy either. temps are staying where they need to they should be popping up in minute. i havent seen a lot of fungi besides moss.
Cool what area do you hunt in without being to specific I now how people are about there spots

·
Registered
311 Posts
Getting upset been going out every day south north east west nothing
Admire your desire, but patience is a virtue. Conserve your energy for about 72 hours. To quote Pearl Buck in The Good Earth, "The oxen moves slowly but the earth is patient."

We are on the very edge. Scott and Clinton Co. area will have a decent start by next midweek. If you can't wait, head to Muscatine or Louisa areas hit by 2014-15 windstorms.

Hit it hard, and GL tool.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Admire your desire, but patience is a virtue. Conserve your energy for about 72 hours. To quote Pearl Buck in The Good Earth, "The oxen moves slowly but the earth is patient."

We are on the very edge. Scott and Clinton Co. area will have a decent start by next midweek. If you can't wait, head to Muscatine or Louisa areas hit by 2014-15 windstorms.

Hit it hard, and GL tool.
Thanks bud good luck to you to

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been to rock island county a few different spots, have not found any. Also looked around henry county a little bit didn't find anything there either. I don't know if it's my bad luck or not enough heat.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been to rock island county a few different spots, have not found any. Also looked around henry county a little bit didn't find anything there either. I don't know if it's my bad luck or not enough heat.
Went to Sauk valley trail to day walked a few but still nothing

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll keep posting when I go out,what area and if I find anything, still nothing, I found some dung cups and some pheasant back, that's all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow nice still, near or under any certain trees or completely random one? Checked blackhawk state park but only had time to check about 5 acres of it, nothing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts