Any questions about the New Software?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by austin, Apr 5, 2017.

1. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

If you have any questions please post them here and I will do my best to get them answered.

1 person likes this.
  2. XXXmorelsXXX

XXXmorelsXXX Young Morel

Hi Austin, I would like to have my original name. When I tried to login with it, it wouldn't allow me to. How do I get my other name back instead of this new name of xxxmorelsxxx ?

3. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

what was your original name? Start a conversation with me and include the pass you want me to set it to.

4. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

No one has any questions about the new software? I'm glad you're getting it figured out but if you do please post them and I will get them answered.

5. chonas

chonas Morel Connoisseur

The flowthrough isn't as intuitive. The old forums, the subforum (state) was listed next to the recent posts on the splash page. Now, there isn't even a button to go to the states, you have to click forums, load, then choose a state. Rather than being able to select a state from a dropdown menu or something simple. The first 3 days after the change I didn't even check the forum because I didn't know how.

1 person likes this.
  6. chonas

chonas Morel Connoisseur

Or, in a shorter version, can you add a "states" tab to the forums subcategories like "watched forums" "watched threads" etc?

7. jack

jack Morel Connoisseur

Austin, I keep trying to load this in as a signature. It's also supposed to pop up 3 or 4 times like it's growing. It shows up in the preview fine, but when I back out and try it in a post.....nothing. I go back to my settings and it's gone again. Thanks, Jack

[​IMG]

8. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

It's a gif in other word? I'm following up now.

You guys having issues navigating to the forums, you can access them from the main page.

http://www.morels.com/forums/

9. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

Seems like we're having issues with the conversation system right now. I'll follow up once we get it resolved.

10. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

Seems like we got it resolved.

If anyone else has any issues please let me know so I can dig into it further.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more questions. You guys must be tech savvy!

11. ms_ morel

ms_ morel Morel Enthusiast

First, austin, let me thank you for running these forums.:)

My problem is that I have my settings set to send me e-mails when a forum that I have commented/posted in has new posts and especially when someone answers one of my comments/posts. I am not getting such emails. Is it me or what?o_O

And just a question: Are the fonts that we are offered the only ones that the software contains? Can others be added? The reason I ask is that all of the fonts offered are basically the same with very little deviation of form. I would like to see Comic Sans added if possible. And/or IF possible some of those drab and way too similar fonts could be weeded out and replaced with some more interesting ones?? That way we can have a bit of fun with them, too, if we want to? Just my 2¢...no biggie.;)

12. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

The fonts to come standard to the forum.

Are you following threads that you want email responses from?

It's my pleasure to be here. Thanks for your kind words. I'm just one man though. The real praise should go to the team that's been running Morels forever.

1 person likes this.
  13. ms_ morel

Thank you for your response. Sorry, I haven't been able to get in here to retrieve it until now. Life happens. eh? LOL!

OK. I was just wondering. Like I said, it's really no biggie. ;)

How do you "Follow" someone? I haven't found that, yet, I guess? :confused:

You're welcome. And, of course, kudos go to all who have contributed and continue to contribute to this site and keep it going. :)

14. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

To follow a thread, locate the Watch Thread button locate towards the top right of the thread itself. Click it.

That's it! Pretty easy, but if you need a screenshot of it's location please let me know. I would be happy to get one for you.

1 person likes this.
  15. ms_ morel

I found that and used it in several places just after my last post to you. I didn't say anything here because I wanted to see if anything would show up in my e-mail. It hasn't. And, yes, there have been new posts to notify me of.

I also found a couple, or so, of other places that show an option of receiving e-mail notifications and had them checked BEFORE my first post to you. NOTHING has shown up, yet, in my e-mail. period :(

16. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

Is anyone else not getting notifications?

@ms_morel I need to confirm your email address to make sure that's correct in our file. Just eliminating the basics. I will start a conversation with you.

1 person likes this.
  17. ms_ morel

I did get the e-mail notification in my Yahoo mail for this particular post. I was able to see it here in the forum in addition to my Inbox here in morels.com. I also got one in my Yahoo mail from Blackbeard that was a "test". The only place I've been able to find that post is in my Inbox here in morels.com and not in any forum.

But, I've gotten no other notifications in my Yahoo mail, so far, at this time. The four boards that I'm trying to follow haven't had any new activity since the two of you posted about two hours ago. I'll be sure to let you know something more as soon as at least one of those four boards have activity on them and as they progress. OK?

BTW, I did notice in some of the other forums that I perused that there was at least one other that was having the same problem as me. Unfortunately, I can't recall which forum that was or who it was that was chatting with someone else about it. There are so many forums, you know. LOL!

***Someone just posted in one of the forums I'm attempting to watch. I'll have to wait a while to see when/if I get an e-mail notification in my Y! mail.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  18. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

OK, sounds like a plan. I'm glad you're getting a few notifications. Please let me know if you get the others once the threads have been updated.

1 person likes this.
  19. ms_ morel

austin, I've waited on purpose to post back so as to allow time for all four of the threads that I have set to be watched have new comments made to them. Only one has. It's the one that I spoke about yesterday. It's had SEVERAL new comments made in it by a couple of others. I haven't received one notification at all in my Y! mail. I wonder why I got the two from you and Blackbeard and none from non-admins..... A clue? Maybe?:confused:

20. carpet crawler

carpet crawler Morel Connoisseur

Your times when posting seem to be screwed up. My post said I posted in 12:40 AM. I just posted a while ago around 8:30 p.m