Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
austin, I've waited on purpose to post back so as to allow time for all four of the threads that I have set to be watched have new comments made to them. Only one has. It's the one that I spoke about yesterday. It's had SEVERAL new comments made in it by a couple of others. I haven't received one notification at all in my Y! mail. I wonder why I got the two from you and Blackbeard and none from non-admins..... A clue? Maybe?:confused:
Did you see the conversation I started with you? I need to check some things out before I send this to the tech team. I need to confirm the four threads of yours are setup to issue contacts. Once I've confirmed that I can send it off.

I don't know if being an admin has anything to do with notifications but I would guess not.

Who else isn't getting notifications, or is getting them sporadically?

Your times when posting seem to be screwed up. My post said I posted in 12:40 AM. I just posted a while ago around 8:30 p.m
You need to change the board time. Click your name on the top right of the page and click Preferences. It will give you a pop up that allows you to change the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you see the conversation I started with you?

I just went to my Inbox here in morels.com and the ONLY message there from you, austin, is the one asking me to confirm my e-mail address. There is also the "test" from Blackbeard. I have gotten absolutely nothing in my Y! mail from morels.com since the two notifications that I got from you and Blackbeard. The caveat is that only one of the threads that I have my settings set to Watch has had any activity in it since Blackbeard's "test". Even that activity has not yet sent a notification to my Y! mail. That one thread has not had any activity in it so far today, either.

My morels.com Inbox also contains a note that I sent to another member. I don't think that member has had opportunity to sign on yet today. He does stay rather active at times. So, I'm expecting him to show up within the next 24-36 hours or so.

I need to check some things out before I send this to the tech team. I need to confirm the four threads of yours are setup to issue contacts. Once I've confirmed that I can send it off.
Can you view what threads I'm 'Watching' from your end? Or do I need to list them out for you? I started none of these threads. I have merely posted comments within them and as they are concerning the rough geographical area in which I live, I wish to be notified by e-mail when a new comment is made.

I don't know if being an admin has anything to do with notifications but I would guess not.
That is something else that you may possibly want to look in to? When I was the "administrator"/Organizer of a Meetup dot com group, I had privileges that the other members did not have. One of those privileges was sending e-mails to the members regardless of their privacy settings for the general membership. The software morels.com is running on may or may not be set up similarly??? ...just sayin'... [in an effort to try to help you help me].

At any rate, could you please keep me posted? And, if I happen to start getting my notifications in my Y! mail, I will let you know.

Thanks for all the effort you're putting in to try to remedy the problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No, I can't see the threads you're subscribed to.

If you could please send me those and your pass I would like to check them out. Just follow up to my conversation with them and we can start getting this taken care of.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, I can't see the threads you're subscribed to.

If you could please send me those and your pass I would like to check them out. Just follow up to my conversation with them and we can start getting this taken care of.
The only one of the four that I have all my settings to 'Watch' that has any activity in it at all is 'Shrooming ain't for wussies!' in the Missouri Forums.

However, because there is NO PRIVATE place to give you my password I have BIG reservations about posting it in morels.com. Sorry, but I just don't know how to do this PRIVATELY in here. The "Inbox"/"Conversation" area seems to be out in the open where ANYone can see it rather than being truly private. In addition to which, morels.com does NOT show as https denoting it as a secure site even with 'HTTPS Everywhere' installed on my browser. Therefore, morels.com is an insecure site.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did try. However, just because [appearantly] no one in morels.com can see those conversations does not mean that they are truly private. As I said, morels.com is NOT secure because it does NOT have the https denotation ANYWHERE in its site. Anyone, anywhere on the web can see anything that does not have that s following the http if they want to and know how. Therefore, the Inbox at morels.com is NOT TRULY private. period.

► For those who read this later, this podcast explains why I'm raising the issue as strongly as I am: http://sciencefriday.com/segments/keeping-your-habits-private-in-a-connected-world/

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We will be moving to HTTPS in the near future. Aside from that we're as secure as we can be and I can't and won't read conversations.

·
Registered
587 Posts
At this date is the software being worked on or experiencing issues?

3-4 weeks ago I could post pics 3-4 different ways. Today it appears that nothing works.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Is there a "private message" function/capability on this website?

Is that the equivalent to the "Start a Conversation" choice when viewing someones profile?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm getting Email notifications on threads I'm watching, while I turned that preference off. How do I fix?
(Not that I don't Enjoy the site, those Indianian's sure post ALOT). Thanks ITW
upload_2020-4-5_12-36-16.png

21 - 40 of 43 Posts