Any questions about the New Software?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by austin, Apr 5, 2017.

1. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

Did you see the conversation I started with you? I need to check some things out before I send this to the tech team. I need to confirm the four threads of yours are setup to issue contacts. Once I've confirmed that I can send it off.

I don't know if being an admin has anything to do with notifications but I would guess not.

Who else isn't getting notifications, or is getting them sporadically?

You need to change the board time. Click your name on the top right of the page and click Preferences. It will give you a pop up that allows you to change the time.

1 person likes this.
  2. ms_ morel

ms_ morel Morel Enthusiast

I just went to my Inbox here in morels.com and the ONLY message there from you, austin, is the one asking me to confirm my e-mail address. There is also the "test" from Blackbeard. I have gotten absolutely nothing in my Y! mail from morels.com since the two notifications that I got from you and Blackbeard. The caveat is that only one of the threads that I have my settings set to Watch has had any activity in it since Blackbeard's "test". Even that activity has not yet sent a notification to my Y! mail. That one thread has not had any activity in it so far today, either.

My morels.com Inbox also contains a note that I sent to another member. I don't think that member has had opportunity to sign on yet today. He does stay rather active at times. So, I'm expecting him to show up within the next 24-36 hours or so.

Can you view what threads I'm 'Watching' from your end? Or do I need to list them out for you? I started none of these threads. I have merely posted comments within them and as they are concerning the rough geographical area in which I live, I wish to be notified by e-mail when a new comment is made.

That is something else that you may possibly want to look in to? When I was the "administrator"/Organizer of a Meetup dot com group, I had privileges that the other members did not have. One of those privileges was sending e-mails to the members regardless of their privacy settings for the general membership. The software morels.com is running on may or may not be set up similarly??? ...just sayin'... [in an effort to try to help you help me].

At any rate, could you please keep me posted? And, if I happen to start getting my notifications in my Y! mail, I will let you know.

Thanks for all the effort you're putting in to try to remedy the problem.

3. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

No, I can't see the threads you're subscribed to.

If you could please send me those and your pass I would like to check them out. Just follow up to my conversation with them and we can start getting this taken care of.

1 person likes this.
  4. ms_ morel

The only one of the four that I have all my settings to 'Watch' that has any activity in it at all is 'Shrooming ain't for wussies!' in the Missouri Forums.

However, because there is NO PRIVATE place to give you my password I have BIG reservations about posting it in morels.com. Sorry, but I just don't know how to do this PRIVATELY in here. The "Inbox"/"Conversation" area seems to be out in the open where ANYone can see it rather than being truly private. In addition to which, morels.com does NOT show as https denoting it as a secure site even with 'HTTPS Everywhere' installed on my browser. Therefore, morels.com is an insecure site.

5. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

Please just follow up to my conversation.

It is private.

1 person likes this.
  6. ms_ morel

I did try. However, just because [appearantly] no one in morels.com can see those conversations does not mean that they are truly private. As I said, morels.com is NOT secure because it does NOT have the https denotation ANYWHERE in its site. Anyone, anywhere on the web can see anything that does not have that s following the http if they want to and know how. Therefore, the Inbox at morels.com is NOT TRULY private. period.

► For those who read this later, this podcast explains why I'm raising the issue as strongly as I am: http://sciencefriday.com/segments/keeping-your-habits-private-in-a-connected-world/

7. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

We will be moving to HTTPS in the near future. Aside from that we're as secure as we can be and I can't and won't read conversations.

8. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

At this date is the software being worked on or experiencing issues?

3-4 weeks ago I could post pics 3-4 different ways. Today it appears that nothing works.

9. austin

austin Morel Connoisseur

Can you explain what you mean by nothing works? You're unable to upload pictures?

Test:
    black.jpg

10. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Is there a "private message" function/capability on this website?

Is that the equivalent to the "Start a Conversation" choice when viewing someones profile?

11. MAdmin

MAdmin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yes, Start a conversation is what you're looking for.

12. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Got it. Thank you.

13. the original morelmama

the original morelmama Morel Enthusiast

Can you please tell me how to start a thread for a specific area. Thank you!

14. harvey lovejoy

harvey lovejoy Morel Enthusiast

Why does my actual name appear on my posts this year. Always showed up with an alias before.

15. MAdmin

MAdmin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Because you registered with that username.

16. nico

nico Morel Enthusiast

How can I delete my account