Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Chittenden County, anybody see any morels yet? I've moved to a new place, trying to get a handle on when to look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The last two pictures were found on May 5 in chitteden county, in the Champlain valley under a very dead ( no bark) elm. Then the first theee pics were found today may 8 farther south, maybe ten miles, in Addison county, under a dead elm ( fragments of bark left). Margins of hardwood forest with some white pine.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last two pictures were found on May 5 in chitteden county, in the Champlain valley under a very dead ( no bark) elm. Then the first theee pics were found today may 8 farther south, maybe ten miles, in Addison county, under a dead elm ( fragments of bark left). Margins of hardwood forest with some white pine.
Thanks Elias, I'm in Richmond on the Huntington border. It may be a little too early here, but I'll check my woods today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't been having much luck, but people are finding them, some in chitteden and even in the north east kingdom. They are definitely up in places, but hopefully after this warm weather they will be more abundant. Really frustrating haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First pic found yesterday, Addison county

Second pic found today, blacks were found in the hills of Huntington, and the blondes under a dead elm in chitteden county, Champlain valley. Had to leave some massive ones that were too far gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice those look good, are th y big blacks? what kind of trees were they under? I think the Champlain valley season might be on its way out. The ones I found today were either perfect or past prime, massive tho haha. I bet higher elevation will be here soon if not already.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice those look good, are th y big blacks? what kind of trees were they under? I think the Champlain valley season might be on its way out. The ones I found today were either perfect or past prime, massive tho haha. I bet higher elevation will be here soon if not already.
Yeah, they're black..along the side of the road..under a telephone pole, on the side of the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First yellows of the season. Windsor county, in a valley, about 400-500 feet elevation, definitely associating with ash. Checked other nearby locations and found some barely up, still gray, and not even up in other locations.
IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked 56 mostly giant yellows today, some were a little past prime, but I should add these were in a low elevation area. Sunday I was searching a much higher elevation and was still finding blacks still going strong, with yellows not fully developed. Last year a friend reported finding morels as late as June 10 on north facing slopes, so the "morel" of the story is elevation and exposure have a huge impact on where and when you find 'em.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked 56 mostly giant yellows today, some were a little past prime, but I should add these were in a low elevation area. Sunday I was searching a much higher elevation and was still finding blacks still going strong, with yellows not fully developed. Last year a friend reported finding morels as late as June 10 on north facing slopes, so the "morel" of the story is elevation and exposure have a huge impact on where and when you find 'em.
Can I buy morels from any of you? We are in Woodstock but can drive anywhere to get them. Yanina

1 - 20 of 21 Posts