Anybody finding any mushrooms in Missouri and near what city?

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by horsepotatoe, Mar 21, 2015.

1. horsepotatoe

horsepotatoe Morel Enthusiast

Anybody finding any mushrooms in Missouri and near what city?

2. kontraux

kontraux Young Morel

I went out for 3 hours today in the KC area, no luck. I feel like it's still too early by a week or so.

3. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Finding false morels hour south stl

4. nkcrick

nkcrick Morel Enthusiast

In north kc heading out about 9:30 to see if I can find my first morel of the season. I'll let you all know what's going on north of the river

5. nkcrick

nkcrick Morel Enthusiast

Just got back to the house. Didn't find anything. Was a nice walk. Did anyon find anything today.

6. robear81

robear81 Morel Enthusiast

Nothing In Greenwood today, just a few lost hrs trekking in the woods. Found 2 ticks on me! They are coming out early. Better get out the tick spray!

7. morelking

morelking Morel Enthusiast

I seen on Facebook somebody found one near Branson in Taney county. Hoping it's true! It was on Missouri morel hunting page. I'm going to check my early spots Thursday after the rain. Crossing my fingers.

8. chapman two step

chapman two step Morel Enthusiast

9. been2long

been2long Morel Enthusiast

Not here in Dallas county yet but I did see someone found a pretty good haul on Facebook but they were down in Arkansas. Hopefully real soon they will be popping up like popcorn :)

10. smguffer

smguffer Morel Connoisseur

i dont bother looking for morels until i see my first yellow dandelion of the year.. it normally still takes another week or two after the first dandelion to really be THICK in morels.

11. horsepotatoe

horsepotatoe Morel Enthusiast

Went out yesterday afternoon and looked around, here in Springfield, but did not find any mushrooms.

12. timd839@gmail_com

timd839@gmail_com Young Morel

Found a dozen about a half inch tall today! It's started guys and gals!

13. stormer

stormer Morel Enthusiast

What part of Missouri timd?? South slopes seem kinda dry here around kc

14. shroomcuttin

shroomcuttin Morel Enthusiast

Northern Missouri where ya at???

15. newrocker15

newrocker15 Morel Enthusiast

Alright guys remember what day it is. I'm going to look but don't believe anything you read today

16. micomikey

micomikey Morel Enthusiast

Couple of maps out there. this one shows several finds in both south MO and KS, but this one only shows a couple in MO. Of course, those are only reports, who knows what's been found and not reported (the majority probably).
    I've seen a yellow dandelion and the redbuds are starting to come in, but I've yet to find anything in my area (Miami Co Ks).
    I have family in Bates county and haven't heard anything from them yet.

The anticipation is incredible isn't it? I was watching some vids on youtube this morning and ended up skipping lunch and looking around in the woods near where I work. Fruitless, but fun.

Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  17. shroomdawg

shroomdawg Morel Connoisseur

Soil temps are plenty warm but some rain would really kick start the shroom popping, I'm thinking if the rain comes Thurs/Fri should be enough to get the Ol Dawg off the porch this weekend, good luck y'all. :-D

18. joemoris

joemoris Morel Enthusiast

Found these today, mostly by concrete edge of park sidewalk. [​IMG]
    Was in St Louis County, now having problem getting picture attached
    http://imgur.com/91HYnYK

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  19. mushroommon

mushroommon Young Morel

Checked the honey hole today in St.Charles county and didnt find anything. Mayapples are just starting to sprout about 2" out of the ground and dogwoods are beginning to bloom here, but ground was pretty damn dry. We'll see how things look after these 2 days of rain slated for us!

20. mofarmgirl

mofarmgirl Morel Enthusiast

<span style="color: blue">Fulton, MO</span> (Callaway County) here. Went out today to check one of my spots that always produces early. Nothing <strong>yet</strong>. I did see a lot of May-apple's just coming up though so it will be a little bit yet. Getting excited... but this cold spell is going to slow things down.