1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone finding any chants or black trumpets?

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by sciotoguy, Jun 22, 2016.

1. sciotoguy

sciotoguy Morel Connoisseur

Have not had the time to go out and look myself. Hope to get out this week.

Looks like southern ohio is going to get a good rain later today, but will miss Columbus area.

2. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Yup . . . rain missing Columbus.

Out into the woods-several spots-yesterday and the ground at consistently producing Chant spots was dry, cracked and 'shroomless . . .
    I'm going to have to do a rain dance, I'm afraid. (well . . .not afraid, just embarassed)

3. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

2015 8-July
    2014 24-July
    2013 7-July

Here's my date of 1st Chanterelle the last 3 years.

I don't recall if 2014 was a year I didn't get out earlier in July or just that's the 1st pop.

. . . oh, yeah, 2014 was the year we had 4 helpless, blind kittens left in our flowerbed June 15th. I probably wasn't in the woods much early July. So, I'm betting on July 7-8 time frame, for me.

I'll still be in the woods at least 3-4 times before then.

4. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

I always find them in July too, if we get rain. As soon as I see Indian Pipes ( Monotropa uniflora ) I know they are fruiting.

5. kridspy

kridspy Young Morel

6. sciotoguy

sciotoguy Morel Connoisseur

Well the rain last nite certainly made up for the miss in the afternoon, I see about 5 inches on my gauge. Heck of a rain dance SB
    That will certainly get some shrooms a popping.