Anything yet

Discussion in 'Texas' started by toomuchfungus, Mar 21, 2014.

1. toomuchfungus

toomuchfungus Young Morel

It is still a bit early for several of my spots closer to Dallas. Anyone finding any yet further down in the Hill Country?

2. pacertom

pacertom Morel Enthusiast

I found 5 greys today and left ~20 thumbsize. North Texas and one of my early spots. I've hunted all around Dallas and never found anything in years past.
    &lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017

3. pacertom

pacertom Morel Enthusiast

Duke vs Mercer game in background.

4. brush1

brush1 Young Morel

i have found nothing yet in the sherman-denison area. i think another week maybe. too cool at night still maybe?

5. jamman

jamman Young Morel

im in the texas panhandle clarendon texas do you think morels would grow in this area are lake has a bunch of cotton wood trees dead do u think they would grow along these trees?

6. benthegrate

benthegrate Morel Enthusiast

Jamman, I haven't heard of morels being found in the Panhandle, the country up there is too arid. Morels are found beneath cottonwoods in North Texas occasionally, but even the season in North Texas is very iffy depending on rain. You're welcome to check...if you found morels in that area, it would be big news!

7. jamman

jamman Young Morel

man we used to hunt these up in ill sure wish they grew around my neck of woods heck i need the exercise think ill take a walk in a couple weeks and see if i spot any..