Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

421 - 440 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
that is correct .....don't bother. there are no more to be had. It's over. LOL. I became part of a FB group this year. Some pretty wild claims and questions there. "Hey, is this a pheasant back" ? LOL.o_O

I will be picking for another 2 to 3 weeks.....
Still picken on the Blondes over here, just an awesome year. Happy to hear you're doing so well too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2029.JPG
My good season keeps getting better. Some of the biggest I've ever found left a few dozen that were too far gone. Fairly open river bottom on the edge of a corn field, most were around dead elm

·
Registered
505 Posts
Go squerril go!!! Haven,t found any monsters yet but I have a funny feeling next week. At least a couple. Beautiful by they way. In 20 plus years of hunting I,ve found I think 20 bigger than my hand. So congrats I hope that you find them again and again!:) buckthorman...

·
Registered
505 Posts
515! Nope 516! I found the worlds smallest morel. It was the last one in the forest! Don't come my way its all over sheesh!! I try for 200 per person in my family. Don't always get there, but this year I'm good. Been being humble and passing on the good fortune to the ones that won't always be here to help a guy out! Been just fine in my neck of da woods! I know elm and troop been killing it! I wish you two the best I know you've earned and work for it! I'm hoping some easy spots of mine will be there as I increase in age or time. Halllaaayy kreeeshhnaa kreeessshnaaa kreeeeshnnnaaa! Lmao don't know if anyone will catch that.! buckthornman!! Not coming home yet. O shit.....to be cont.....

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was hoping you where doing good up there bucky, weather was a little iffy at the start with the freeze and all. I lucked out on a few spots, mainly the April 22nd 34 degree find of 60. But the weather was there. My first find this year beat my whole last year total. Took my sister out shrooming gave her son who is a cook some, gave some to friends at work and made a Morel egg's benedicti but I tell you hard to beat a good old steak with morels fried in brown butter.I think every one on the site did pretty well. I am beat, my butt hurts from all the hills I climbed, but I sure feel good. Found a oyster today also. There still out there not in bunches but what you find will have some heft to them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #427

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Calumet county and have been looking for others in the area to hunt with. Would definitely come to FDL if you are going out anytime soon and are still looking for company! I am off until Wednesday so will be out either way.

Hey all...Just thought I would share a pic of my harvest yesterday. I left a whole lot there as they were smallish. All in one little spot that has been good to me the last few seasons. It was the first time I was able to get out. Glad I went. Now I have 12 days off to hit the woods. Fdl county. Always looking for fellow hunters to meet up. Have a great season!! View attachment 1727

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im calling it a season have to go on vacation heading up to the boundary waters this week going out one last time today to pick some fresh ones for the trip all in all good year picked 438 all dehydrated and in jars to enjoy all year long

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes they do that's how I store them. Nice musky by the way lips! Ain't gonna let you float away though. Ol buckthornman has a 51 30ish pounder on the wall!!! Howz you like me now. My taxidermy was a little more green then I wanted but she still looks beautiful. Still thankful that mrs. Thorn let's me keep it in the living room wall! Thx mrs. Thorn...trooper oldelm has my number. If you get it from him and know my first name I,ll answer your txt. The ball is in your court. Id like to meet up. Buckthornman....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Looking for any advice on a good county to hunt tomorrow.... gonna hit the road tonight and will only have tomorrow and I'll have to head right back home I'd be very grateful for any insight on a good county to pop in the woods for the day

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its the best way to do it add water and almost good as new. By the way that was a 53"x24"girth 40 to 42 lbs have a few more on the wall that was my latest one have not had time to hang it on the wall . Also sounds good i will have to get ahold of you some time soon tight lines and happy hunting

·
Registered
505 Posts
Can't remember her weight. I really like catchin walters eyes. Funny thing I was jiggin eyes out of 46ft of water in 2008 octoberish and wham damn musky swallowed my 15 inch walleye. So being bucky I reeled them both in! Short version of the story....bucky muskylips that must be the one you lay with in bed at night lol. Fun fish to catch, but id sure hate skinny dippen with em! After I caught that shark I mean musky I quit do figure 8's in the water naked...bucky

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Most all of Em today were moldy/soggy/past prime, this cold wet really did a number on our final days of 2017 season. Found plenty of then today, but just left them be.
Time to put away the morels stick!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Five over the hill & gone ones in that picture, and I ran into a load of Em just like these.

421 - 440 of 504 Posts