Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
461 - 480 of 504 Posts
does anyone know about northern wisconsin up near the chaquemeqon-nicolet or the area around ottawa national forest how long their morel season lasts? I contacted a few different dnr offices up that way and got some helpful info and some not so helpful... lets see one dnr officer told me hes been trying to hunt morels up that way for four years and has yet to locate any, i find that hard to believe. i talked to another near ashland that told me they had started fruiting a week or so ago I have found morels in northern wisconsin as late as june 1st one year, just wondering if anyone has any insight on this years?
June 1st..wow..you still have about a week left, get your hiney up there kid..lol

Picked up 30 nice Giants today before heading to work. They were next to fallen dead elm debris adjacent to a pine plantation. I didn't have to deal with the thickening understory now beginning to make it harder to find morels in a deciduous woods.
Morels are a pleasure to find and to eat. That is why I am grateful to the men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to this country so I can enjoy the woods as a free man.
God Bless the great state of Wisconsin and the United States of America.

Any Morels being found up north in Wisconsin wanted to take my grandsons and try to find some or buy some if possible. We are taking a 3 day trip and are open to traveling anywhere we can find Morels. Thanks! Oops, you can call me at 309-883-3057

461 - 480 of 504 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.