Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother gave me some bears head tooth he found. I fried some in ramp butter and scrambled some eggs in with it this morning it is absolutely delicious! Any ideas for ways to make the rest of it would be appreciated.
20190822_061220.jpg

·
Registered
582 Posts
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 9.23.19 AM.png
Making Crab Cakes with them is quit common. I made mine with Hericium americanum. Soup is another great one, the flavor really adds to it. I also throw in a few other wild mushrooms. On another note, use Louisiana Seafood Boil. It's much better than the others!
SAM_0388.JPG
IMGP0998.JPG

·
Registered
582 Posts
Jmay, I find Gomphus around the edge of swamps. Personally I don't care for them cause they are really bland. However, I imagine with the right recipe they may be good. They are definitely meaty. Also, I only know of one area to find Sparassis, and that's in White Pines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jmay, I find Gomghus around the edge of swamps. Personally I don't care for them cause they are really bland. However, I imagine with the right recipe they may be good. They are definitely meaty. Also, I only know of one area to find Sparassis, and that's in White Pines.
Thanks for the good info Jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts