Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been out looking 3 times so far this year and havent found nothing yet...I havent been out since Sunday...With these last few days of rain, I am hoping they start popping up..Anyone in my area doing any good yet??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found one out at Piedmont Lake today, although there was 4 Amish fellows cruising around the lake, It appeared they were combing the shore lines, they pulled into the dock had 2 bags of them, they had shotguns in the boat so they must have been turkey hunting and morel hunting since sun up. I watched them drop two off and then they went to another section of the lake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got out today, my brother inlaw and I found 54 yellows and 11 greys, not sure about this season , found the yellows in one area, another spot that usually produces nice yellows is where we found the greys. Still think its early and need some warmer temperatures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried a new spot today..looked really good..alot of good trees but I got skunked...looked around for abot 2 hours..nothing today..I havent been to my good places yet..think im going this week to see what their holding..good luck all!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the ground is still a little cool. Seventy degree days later this week will bring them out. Next weekend should be really good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts