Belmont County (Martins Ferry)

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by mf morel steve, Apr 30, 2014.

1. mf morel steve

mf morel steve Young Morel

Ive been out looking 3 times so far this year and havent found nothing yet...I havent been out since Sunday...With these last few days of rain, I am hoping they start popping up..Anyone in my area doing any good yet??

2. bushman01

bushman01 Young Morel

I ll be across the river searching this weekend.

3. mf morel steve

I went out and found three medium sized yellows today...hopefully this weekend will be more productive!! Good luck!!

4. garyb

garyb Morel Enthusiast

I found one out at Piedmont Lake today, although there was 4 Amish fellows cruising around the lake, It appeared they were combing the shore lines, they pulled into the dock had 2 bags of them, they had shotguns in the boat so they must have been turkey hunting and morel hunting since sun up. I watched them drop two off and then they went to another section of the lake.

5. mf morel steve

Yeah Ive seen that happen as well at Piedmont and Clendenning....The amish rape the woods all the time!!

6. ohio_morelmadness

ohio_morelmadness Morel Enthusiast

Belmont county powhatan point found 15 greys 6 blondes and 31 blacks and 50000000 half free's young dead elms check everyone u see

7. fun_guy_belmont

fun_guy_belmont Young Morel

Any day now Belmont county.

8. garyb

garyb Morel Enthusiast

Got out today, my brother inlaw and I found 54 yellows and 11 greys, not sure about this season , found the yellows in one area, another spot that usually produces nice yellows is where we found the greys. Still think its early and need some warmer temperatures.

9. mf morel steve

I tried a new spot today..looked really good..alot of good trees but I got skunked...looked around for abot 2 hours..nothing today..I havent been to my good places yet..think im going this week to see what their holding..good luck all!!

10. frmrcoalmnr

frmrcoalmnr Young Morel

I think the ground is still a little cool. Seventy degree days later this week will bring them out. Next weekend should be really good.

11. ohio_morelmadness

ohio_morelmadness Morel Enthusiast

Found a couple blondes here and there need warmer weather weekend should be smokin

12. bushman01

bushman01 Young Morel

Was out for a couple hrs today no good.