Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I found a whole slug of these this morning. We just moved to Eastern Tennessee in December. I need to split one down the center to make sure it's hollow, but from what I can tell it's a black Morel. Would love your opinion, because I am new to the area.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A favorite of most is dredged and fried in butter. I"ll rinse mine and half them (depending on size), then do a dry-wet-dry treatment. I'll dust them in flour, then dunk them in egg, then coat them with breadcrumbs, or crackers. Then right into the pan.

I also like mine simply sauteed with butter and little garlic and served over steak.

·
Registered
125 Posts
WTG Justin. Very pretty black morel in my opinion. And many people prefer the taste of the black over the blondes.. Good job...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! Are there any mushroom groups around here that go out hunting together? Would like to learn more about other species.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can learn about other species and might find some folks to hunt with in our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/tennesseemushroomidentification/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts