Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never hunted anything but morels but am planning on trying for some summer/fall mushrooms this year. Anybody from the southern part of the state want to give a good date to start looking...from what I have read so far it is still a couple of weeks away...

·
Registered
5 Posts
also that white growth on the ground looks like mycelium starting.As for the Fox Valley, I have found about 25 pounds of chicken, 3 pounds of oysters, one blewit, one small chanterelle and one softball sized puffball.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I thought the white stuff was. Is there a way to store the chickens that is good. dehydrate or freeze somehow ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I found a purdy amanita muscaria button today. Also, like 50 or so cinnabar chants and various boletes and russulas I could not I.D. Will post pics if I finger it out, nomsayin'?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congrats Brookie! I am an amateur and don't know what the chubby ones are. I see them in the woods but I don't pick them because I don't want to kill my stupid self lol....

·
Registered
125 Posts
p.s. Did you notice any little cinnabars by your patches of chanterelles? I am wondering if anyone else is seeing them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no cinnabars only what is in the picture. I think its still pretty early here in southern wisconsin...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jack can you ID this for me. It doesnt look like the other chickens I found but was growing out of the ground about 3ft from an oak. It doesn't stain so is it just a pale cinncinatus...it is very thin not thick like the others i found...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts