1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Black trumpets!

Discussion in 'New York' started by lynkage, Jul 9, 2014.

1. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

Got rained out of work again.Hit the woods and scored about a quart of blacks with tons of little ones left to grow.Filled the rest of the basket with a few kings,a dozen chants and a pile of yellow scabers(I really enjoy these).Bugs are unlike I've seen in a while.Tossing tons but so many with this rain it still pays off without spending much time.Kinda like fishin',if they're biting,you keep going!Take care and Happy Hunting!!!

2. bigfish1212

bigfish1212 Morel Enthusiast

I found a patch today but most were very small there had to be a least 100 of them only 10 or so were worth picking. It is quite a hike to get there so I was wondering how long I should wait to check them again.

3. brookie

brookie Morel Enthusiast

try them in a week. If you found one patch there should be more in the general area and if there is a slope they will vary in size up and down it from what I have seen so far.

4. bigfish1212

bigfish1212 Morel Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  5. lynkage

Been a good season so far.I hope it doesn't dry up.Even short forays produce enough for a nice meal.The trumpets are wide spread this year and plenty of chants and boletes.Good luck and Happy Hunting!!

6. hoblershang

hoblershang Morel Connoisseur

I found my first trumpets today around 100 nice ones yahoo

7. lynkage

Congrats Hobler! I'd suggest getting all you can and drying them.I'm finding bunches this year but not a one last.Happy Hunting!!