Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rained out of work again.Hit the woods and scored about a quart of blacks with tons of little ones left to grow.Filled the rest of the basket with a few kings,a dozen chants and a pile of yellow scabers(I really enjoy these).Bugs are unlike I've seen in a while.Tossing tons but so many with this rain it still pays off without spending much time.Kinda like fishin',if they're biting,you keep going!Take care and Happy Hunting!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I found a patch today but most were very small there had to be a least 100 of them only 10 or so were worth picking. It is quite a hike to get there so I was wondering how long I should wait to check them again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
try them in a week. If you found one patch there should be more in the general area and if there is a slope they will vary in size up and down it from what I have seen so far.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been a good season so far.I hope it doesn't dry up.Even short forays produce enough for a nice meal.The trumpets are wide spread this year and plenty of chants and boletes.Good luck and Happy Hunting!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Hobler! I'd suggest getting all you can and drying them.I'm finding bunches this year but not a one last.Happy Hunting!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts