1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Blacks found in Indy

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by smokey, Mar 26, 2013.

1. smokey

smokey Morel Enthusiast

Seen on another site they found some blacks in Indy. The snow here in Warsaw dropped ground temps back into the 30\'s

2. moreldawg

moreldawg Morel Enthusiast

What site did u see that? It's been snowing in S. Indiana and W. Kentucky. 41 in Henderson now.
    Guess ill drag out da' boots.

3. smokey

smokey Morel Enthusiast

Morel mushroom hunting club.com click on resent finds it will show pics

4. 357magnum

357magnum Morel Enthusiast

were they popping out of the 8 inches of snow or whatever they had haha

5. smokey

smokey Morel Enthusiast

357magum,, Reread the post they claim they found them March 24 in 22 degree temps. Looks like a dusting of snow on the ground. But that pic could have been from years ago who knows

6. pedro

pedro Morel Connoisseur

I try to not get excited about early reports. I let nature inform me as to when it is time to head to the woods. I have not got the itch yet. It is hard to move around in artic gear ,LOL.. Some wild flowers are starting to make an appearance on the farm though.

7. moreldawg

moreldawg Morel Enthusiast

Same here. Haven't had the morel dream yet either.
    Believe none of what u hear
    And half of what u see!
    Secret tip #1 MOREL HUNTERS/PICKERS LIE!!!
    Lol

8. meekmorel

meekmorel Morel Enthusiast

I have seen this post on the other site and I think it is false, they have been reported in southern indiana and indianapolis, and i live in the middle of those and theres still nothing here, doesnt make sense, but by the looks of it itll be in the next week or maybe 2
    and yes MorelDawg, mushroom hunters dont always tell the truth when it comes to mushrooms lol

9. smokey

smokey Morel Enthusiast

I have heard that ground temps have to get and stay at 53 degrees before morels will pop. Ground temps in my area are around 48 during the day dropping into the 30's a night ,so still a little early

10. vern

vern Morel Connoisseur

you are right Smoky...ground needs to stay steady above 50 degrees and then its every man,woman,and child for them selves...good luck from Charlestown In.