Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not a Morel expert at all, but this has been a jiggy season with cold weather. Was ready to give up, but went out today and found the biggest overall haul of my shroomin’ life. Big blacks out the wazoo (at least for me, that is). 119 total and a literal last second saving of most of them. Found some that were too far gone, but what I bagged was still good. Yellows just starting to pop, so there’s still hope... I hope...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not a Morel expert at all, but this has been a jiggy season with cold weather. Was ready to give up, but went out today and found the biggest overall haul of my shroomin’ life. Big blacks out the wazoo (at least for me, that is). 119 total and a literal last second saving of most of them. Found some that were too far gone, but what I bagged was still good. Yellows just starting to pop, so there’s still hope... I hope...
I found some too, I was working out in a rural area of JC, and came across the mother load, I have 14 good size yellow morels, I didn't know what they were, I'll bet there are a few hundred of them, I don't know what to do, how do I sell them?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Call some local restaurants, especially better steak houses. They might not even want them for their business, but for their personal use. A good chef has to be a morel fan!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Michael, are you anywhere near Hardin County? I'll be there this upcoming week and hope to find some at my spots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice haul, I found several yellows and a couple grey's in Menifee yesterday. No luck with the blacks this year where I hunt. Hope the big yellows come through this season!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice haul, I found several yellows and a couple grey's in Menifee yesterday. No luck with the blacks this year where I hunt. Hope the big yellows come through this season!
Thanks! The yellows had just started popping on 1 ridge top I hunt, but I haven’t found any in the 2 places I call my hot spots. We have a crappy forecast midweek this coming week, so I figure whatever pops the next 2-3 days will be all we’ll see this season. I hope not tho. Btw... all the big blacks I found on this hunt were in an area about 30 feet from where I stopped hunting a few days before. I would like to say I’m an expert, but it would be truer to say it was PURE LUCK... 😂. Good luck to ‘ya!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks! The yellows had just started popping on 1 ridge top I hunt, but I haven’t found any in the 2 places I call my hot spots. We have a crappy forecast midweek this coming week, so I figure whatever pops the next 2-3 days will be all we’ll see this season. I hope not tho. Btw... all the big blacks I found on this hunt were in an area about 30 feet from where I stopped hunting a few days before. I would like to say I’m an expert, but it would be truer to say it was PURE LUCK... 😂. Good luck to ‘ya!
Congratulations! Hit that black spot earlier next year and catch them
In their prime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts