Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
monk I see you are still getting them in bucks I do a little hunting down there. I am not having any luck this year finding them, the season really sucks! trosanelli you are finding them like a pro I wish I could hit a patch like that!
Hey redtop,
May 10th is a little late. I usually start looking for um around April 20th. Usually, April 20th the morels are still a little small but once you find a spot you can hit that spot later.

I didn't find any morels the first 2 years that I started hunting. I just put in tons of hiking and every year I find some patches and expand my range.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With these temps coming and the rain in the forecast it should start! I was out this weekend and it seems to dry, it was like walking on potato chips! If an area is partially lodged out in the same year before the morel season will the morels be stunted or will they be popping everywhere where the loging machines were traveling! This is the first time I came across this situation looking for morels. I know for certain other varieties that the shrooms grow like crazy after it’s lodged out but uncertain about morels. Any help would be appreciated.
The logging situation should be interesting. I've never had the opportunity to check it out. Missed the parks in the area are logging out all the ash trees.

One of my best spots the area is closed for logging. It will be interesting to see how it affects one of my best spots.

I am wondering if it's going to make my spot better or worse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I went out Sunday. It's still too early. The poplar trees didn't have leaves yet. I still haven't mowed my lawn. It looks like next week if we have some warm days. I've never seen the spring signs so late before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Never, ever? I would just like few to try them. A coworker told me of Ramps and the property in Mercer Co where she had picked them from. I have yet to go there this year but will not take ruthlessly. Of course I understand your apprehension. Actually, I want a foraging partner, and someone to go to the NJ Mycological group meetings/forays.
Where is the NJ myciological group based out of? I went to a few get togethers with Eastern Penn Forgers. But they were a little too far away and most of their meetings were on Saturday when I work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts