Bucks Co.

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trosanelli, Apr 17, 2015.

1. redtop

redtop Morel Enthusiast

trosanelli, that’s my same situation on this logging and never came across this picking morels. I do have many years of experience picking rams heads and yellow and brown stuppers, oysters red toppers boletes. When they thin or clear cut forest with the right trees it’s usually a shroom bonanza the next year sometimes the same but it depends when it’s happening. This has me worried that nothing is going to show this year! I’ll be checking it in the next few weeks and that will tell the story of what is going to happen.

2. trosanelli

trosanelli Morel Enthusiast

I went out Sunday. It's still too early. The poplar trees didn't have leaves yet. I still haven't mowed my lawn. It looks like next week if we have some warm days. I've never seen the spring signs so late before.

3. trosanelli

What's everyone seeing yet? I was walking last week and still too cool but this week is looking better. Some rain in the forecast.

4. monk

monk Morel Enthusiast

I've been out a couple times in Lower Bucks last week but found nothing.....I'm gonna check again today

5. Frost

Frost Young Morel

I live in Lower Bucks and haven’t ever had any luck. I’m not asking for locations but could you point me in a direction of where to find them?

6. trosanelli

In our area I find most of them near poplar trees. Look for large stands of poplar trees with rich loom soil.

Frost likes this.
  7. trosanelli

It took me 3 years of searching before I found my first spot.

Frost likes this.
  8. eric schade

eric schade Morel Enthusiast

Stay away from my spots you stalker. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 person likes this.
  9. monk

monk Morel Enthusiast

Found my first one this morning. Did a quick check on one spot on y way to work. 1st Morel of 2019 season.jpg

4 people like this.
  10. eric schade

eric schade Morel Enthusiast

What part of Bucks? Not looking for location, just general area,south , north, central

11. monk

monk Morel Enthusiast

Found about a dozen Easter morning ,Lower Bucks County Easter morel.jpg

12. redtop

redtop Morel Enthusiast

I was down in near by counties (Chester, Montgomery on Monday and didn't find a one. I don't whats going on but I think it's to early. plus it looked like that area got a lot of rain, the ground was saturated with moisture and water. I think we need a lot of the warmer temps and sunshine.

13. trosanelli

LOL! I have to get out to my spots before my brother. I showed him my spots and now he's poaching them. Never show your spots to anyone even family!!!

Buzz, Inthewild and (deleted member) like this.
  14. trosanelli

I found my first one in Central bucks today and my brother found two in upper bucks. After this rain, I bet we'll really start seeing them now.

Attached Files:

Buzz likes this.
  15. Buzz

Buzz Young Morel

Never, ever? I would just like few to try them. A coworker told me of Ramps and the property in Mercer Co where she had picked them from. I have yet to go there this year but will not take ruthlessly. Of course I understand your apprehension. Actually, I want a foraging partner, and someone to go to the NJ Mycological group meetings/forays.

1 person likes this.
  16. trosanelli

Where is the NJ myciological group based out of? I went to a few get togethers with Eastern Penn Forgers. But they were a little too far away and most of their meetings were on Saturday when I work.

Buzz likes this.
  17. Buzz

Buzz Young Morel

They meet at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum in Morristown, NJ. They have their first foray in 2019 May 4th. I would love to go but I am working that day. It is in Princeton so somewhat local and as close as they get I believe. If you ever want a hunting partner, let me know. :)