Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha shroomdonger I live on lovers lane. Im guessing from last year you were the one in the blue truck? and maybe last year or the year before you got caught on my famly's farm that bumps up to your spot? haha if so no hard feelings. just try not to venture out on that farm area. for 1. its my only spot :-| and 2. my father in law doesn't like people up there because they keep their horses up there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Went to my honey hole yesterday and lots of dead elms. not 1 morel. but while my in laws were sitting at the picnic table at the same farm they found 5 nice grays. damn. am i that damn rusty from the years i was stationed in California?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
im going back out today. i found some yesterday and left a few so my daughter could find. I also got permission today to go in some woods on a family friend's farm. stoked about going there. hopefully my and the daughter can find quite a bit today. i cant wait for the big yellows though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Shroomdonger, thanks for the advice about finding new locations. i went back to the farm and walked down a little bit and past 2 days have brought home 60 nice great big yellows. im enjoying this. thank god for the rain now too. but being the weather is not suppose to be 70 degrees and sunny the next 2 days, will the mushrooms still be popping up if its still overcast and 50 or 60 degrees?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
WE go there pretty often actually. maybe me and the daughter will check it out a little bit. Was stoked when i found 12 yellows in a patch in about a 2' X 2' square. Thanks again shroomdonger. im gonna have to try that tea tree oil too

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
hey question for everyone here. i have had my fill of mushrooms this year and so has most of my family especially after we had a mothers day get together at my grandparents with the entire family. Does anyone know any restaurant or store buying morels. i got a few pounds i want to offload and plus im going out tomorrow to go find some more. I love to find them just for the thrill of the hunt. i would just like to try to make a penny or two at it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.