Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to the honey hole today in Joliet. Everything looks ready except for ground temps.
May apples just starting to pop. Nothing yet, but I found a 1927 wheat penny! Sun needs to warm the ground up a few degrees before they pop. I'm guessing next week. Rain and front will help this weekend. I'm guessing mid to next weekend. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
At least someone is keeping it real here Jake! Hope you have a good week. Heading to Kankakee on Wednesday. Should be in full flush with the expected rain. I'll give a full report mid week and give a legit report!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hit it hard in Kankakee today. Three of us spent about 3.5 hours looking and only found 10! Think that the area had been picked over as it was on public land. Ran into an old timer who thought that it was about over in that area. Everthing that we found were bigger yellows. No greys. Mostly on south facing hills near elms. Ate them as an apetizer and mixed the rest with my mashed potatoes! Cubs win!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.