Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any experience with burn site morel hunting in the Eastern US? I have seen some successful burn site hunting in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. There was a large fire years back at Shawnee State forest but can not seem to find any info outside of Michigan regarding fire morels. Anyone have any knowledge? Much appreciated

J

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will give up the plan for the fire morels. Did you hear about the fires in the NWT of Canada last year? They are saying it will be the largest morel harvest in HISTORY. Estimated 100 million dollars. More than the California harvest last year that was banned by the State of California.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never went to the UP burn but on michiganmorels.com there was a guy named "johndahighlander"" talking about the sleeper lake fire and how he harvested hundreds of pounds. Not sure if its true though. He said to look for Jack pines burnt halfway up. He also mentioned three friends who harvested 900 lbs together in 3 days. If you search you can find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.