Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just up in the Caldor Fire area yesterday finding some nice ones, definitely saw some that were already cut so maybe those were the ones you left behind! If so thank you! Also found this massive "Morel?" it has characteristics of a Morel but is lacking a completely hollow interior as you can see there's pockets. At the same time this doesn't seem to 100% fit a false morel as well. Any idea of what this one might be?
Wood Plant Tree Soil Pattern
Wood Hide Fur clothing Natural material Trunk

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was just up in the Caldor Fire area yesterday finding some nice ones, definitely saw some that were already cut so maybe those were the ones you left behind! If so thank you! Also found this massive "Morel?" it has characteristics of a Morel but is lacking a completely hollow interior as you can see there's pockets. At the same time this doesn't seem to 100% fit a false morel as well. Any idea of what this one might be?
I bumped this over to the Indiana thread to see if anybody over here knows. I'll try to get back to you

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like a misshapen morel. It appears ot have some hollow spots. i've found some with partially hollow inside, mostly when they have to push up against a heavy object, like a rock or log. I don't see a stem. I've never found a morel without a hollow stem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts