Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
That looks to be Gyromitra esculenta, aka beefsteak mushroom. Mostly considered poisionous, although some regions eat them and say they are fine if cooked properly. Me, wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
anyone that could possibly mistake one of these for a morel mushroom...does not belong in the woods...lmfao
Vern, it's amazing how many pics on the internet you see with people holding these or verpas and saying, look at the great morels I found. I also suspect, people that say they can't eat morels because they got sick by eating morels, were fed these and don't realize the difference.

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
Vern, it's amazing how many pics on the internet you see with people holding these or verpas and saying, look at the great morels I found. I also suspect, people that say they can't eat morels because they got sick by eating morels, were fed these and don't realize the difference.
thats also true. im just sayin what kind of reference material did they go by to think one of those is a morel ? so we know that they do it but how does it happen so many times...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts