Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by shroomin fred, Apr 22, 2014.

1. shroomin fred

shroomin fred Morel Enthusiast

2. rtdfrm1

rtdfrm1 Morel Enthusiast

Pray for rain, I agree 100% everything is right except the moisture.

3. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

Precipitation won't be much if a problem unless you're worried about too much. Weather Prediction Center has a large portion of IL in a 3-4"+ category. God part is it will fall over several days, but could see some flash flooding Monday with any severe weather that happens. Regardless, this time next week streams and rivers will be up

Link to graphic showing 7 day precipitation totals

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p168i.gif

4. bud

bud Morel Enthusiast

I like our chances to get rain today but what the hell do I know. Not many wooded areas near me here in Macon County but some are very dry. Sunny & windy out right now...we better get some rain!

http://www.noaawatch.gov/floods.php

5. ccs1983

ccs1983 Young Morel

I am going to head out and look today hope for some grays. I think i am going to hit up champaign area

6. jermanda

jermanda Morel Enthusiast

Went out yesterday morning. They are out i have proof very small though. Found them in sangamon,mccoupin, and morgan counties. Soon as i figure out how to upload the pics i will. Computer not cooperating.

7. mycomomma

mycomomma Morel Enthusiast

I am going to take a peek this afternoon in Piatt county. I will report back if I find any.

8. rabid_dog

rabid_dog Morel Enthusiast

Jermanda - What part of Morgan and Sangamon Counties?

9. opiss

opiss Morel Enthusiast

Man peps making a man jealous, still haven't found my first one in Douglas cty. Been out every afternoon and nothing.... hopefully rain cures all my problems.

10. jdm5_80

jdm5_80 Young Morel

I found 33 very small greys in a spot that I always find morels. they were all near the base of some elm trees and right in the same area. I had to get down on my knees and gently rake away the leaves to find them. The only reason I looked there is because I find them there every year. This was in Shelby county. The greys were around an inch and a half only.

11. opiss

opiss Morel Enthusiast

Yeah ive pulled back some cover around one of my normal spots to no avail. But ground seems cool and dry. Hopefully after rain things get better. It was first week of may last year when i was doing my best. Anyone know how long after a rain before you see the affects of that rain?

12. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

Sangamon county this past Tuesday. Going to head out again tonight after work. Size is getting better. Found 15

Try this picture thing again

13. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

Think it will work, still need approved?

Here's the biggest and total

&lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a> &lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  14. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

Not sure why it double posted the images.

This should have been in first image
    &lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a>

15. goshawk75

goshawk75 Morel Enthusiast

OPISS, Depends on how hard its raining. If its pouring I see the affects right away. I'm generally soaked in less than a couple of minutes.

16. opiss

opiss Morel Enthusiast

Thanks hawk, you wouldn't happen to know one more thing would ya? Walnut point just burnt the whole park off 2 weeks ago. Will this affect the mushroom bloom this year?

17. mycomomma

mycomomma Morel Enthusiast

Piatt county is still not quite there yet. I looked where I have found them past years. I am just beginning to see violets in the clearings. Usually they are all over when the mushrooms pop. The lilacs haven't blossomed yet &amp; the redbuds are just beginning to blossom. So tired of waiting.

18. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

19. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

Nice little haul tonight. Need some rain, hopefully this severe squall line coming in will dump a good dose. Doubt it but some were getting wind dried

&lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a> &lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a>

20. cls74

cls74 Morel Enthusiast

Admins, can you please change the stupid format if this board to accept img tags. This format makes it incredibly difficult to post pictures. Any other forum I go on it is as simple as either bracketing the img code or hitting an imaging button. This one is not as user friendly.

Apologies to everyone for all the double imaging.

End rant