Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 144 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
They are up in Northwestern Illinois. I found a few today while out with my boy. They are small. They were on a west facing bank of a ditch. Lots of leaf cover. May Apples about 4-6inches tall. Not Blooming. These morels were small , bout 1-2 inches in size. But they are there. Withthis rain, all we need is Heat. Unfortunately , I do not see any warmth for atleast a week.

( I knew they'd be up. Dandelions are blooming in middle of yards now. Lilacs have large buds. ) won't be long . Anoth 2-3 Weeks and it will be on for sure. I do believe that in the extended weather panner that I saw a few 80 Degree temps also. So we will have to see.

I do have pics on my phone by the way.....

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys. I live in Belleville Illinois which is in ST.Clair county. I went out today from 11 am to 1 pm in one of my usual hidden treasures and found 83 total with the biggest yellow being a 5 inch head. All in all id say they are defiantly out here and the fever has just begun. Good luck fellow hunters. I would post pictures but I don't now how the url thing works to add them

· Registered
59 Posts
Well went out dy before yester day found a blot of them alot just popping and small so did not pick butn found a few. I tried loading these pics a million times stupid way its set up so heres the url to my pics on photobucket. This time next week they will be huge and plenty.

http://s940.photobucket.com/user/miah3331/library/?sort=3&page=1

· Registered
59 Posts
Hmm this picture loading is crap!!! ill try to repost them. The ones i kept were from morgan, and sangamon county in the towns of waverly and scottsville. That was from three days ago. My one spot me and my girlfriend quit counting after a hundred but they were all pinky size grays i just took pictures of some of the bigger ones. so were going to go out later this after noon and ill post our results with pictures.

· Registered
59 Posts
woohoo i figured it out theres the pics. most of them were small like the pic with my hand by it to give you a reference of how big most of them were. I hardly picked any just a couple ones big enough to pick since the gills have opened up and released all of their spores and some were either starting to dry up and moldy on parts and found a couple that an animal must have knocked over and were drying up. all in all was a good day the other day after found them went fishing and ate fish and morels that night was delish first morels i have eaten this year.

21 - 40 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.