Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to head out the next couple of days and check some of my spots. Was wondering if anyone else in Central Illinois has had any luck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going to try to go south this weekend with my wife for our anniversary and look all weekend. Does Anyone have a place they would suggest? All my places here still no sign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When they not on here talking in the southern counties its beacause they are picking em!!! Heading out in mourning towards cardonbale!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nothing in Peoria county yet, but I haven't looked too hard either, might check on Monday after these few warm days. Not really expecting much til it warms up more

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found medium sized greys last week in coles county. And found about a pound today, and my first yellows of the season. They weren't fully grown yet. A lot of lil guys coming up too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found my first of the year today! Small grays and only 9. Left them to grow and hopefully will go back in a couple days to find more after the so needed rain. Love morel season with summer coming! My find was in Hancock County. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've found 7 lbs of greys and yellows yesterday, yellows are just staring but there hitting alright
Round dead elms . right next to you in montgomery/ fayette county

·
Registered
56 Posts
Catfish12,
THAT IS AWESOME. I was just down there the past wknd but wasnt able to hit the woods. I saw the may apples still coming up so I didnt want to disturb anything. Was this private or public land. My honey hole is down there and Im coming back down to take a look there on Sat morning

1 - 20 of 199 Posts