Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by backwoodsmudder, Apr 13, 2015.

1. backwoodsmudder

backwoodsmudder Morel Enthusiast

Going to head out the next couple of days and check some of my spots. Was wondering if anyone else in Central Illinois has had any luck?

2. pearhead

pearhead Morel Enthusiast

Hit one of my spots in Shelby Co. on Sunday. Skunked all around...week or so...

3. mcon29

mcon29 Young Morel

I am in Sangamon Cnty.....still too early. Heading down to some spots in Calhoun county Friday. Let ya know

4. nannerbean

nannerbean Young Morel

I haven't had any luck yet... been out a few times... maybe this weekend with the warmer nights ahead.

5. cmjacobs217

cmjacobs217 Young Morel

Went out yesterday for a bit in Vermilion County, nothing but Saddle Shrooms just starting to grow on old stump.

6. goillini

goillini Morel Enthusiast

I'm going to try to go south this weekend with my wife for our anniversary and look all weekend. Does Anyone have a place they would suggest? All my places here still no sign.

7. bsmokin83

bsmokin83 Morel Enthusiast

When they not on here talking in the southern counties its beacause they are picking em!!! Heading out in mourning towards cardonbale!

8. rdquadracer2005

rdquadracer2005 Morel Enthusiast

Almost a pound of greys in my early spot today still had more to pick but got to dark they are popping and drying fast

9. miked4482

miked4482 Morel Enthusiast

couple tiny grays and half free in vermilion today left em to grow hope this warmth helps followed by sunday rain.

10. mycomomma

mycomomma Morel Enthusiast

Rdquadracer-what county are you finding them in Central IL? It still is a bit early in Piatt county.

11. rdquadracer2005

rdquadracer2005 Morel Enthusiast

Found them in sangamon county

12. shroomin fred

shroomin fred Morel Enthusiast

Looks like it's on in central Illinois. Found some very small grays today in my early spots. Going out first thing tomorrow.

13. shroomin fred

shroomin fred Morel Enthusiast

Forgot to mention, find was in Shelby County.

14. catfish12

catfish12 Morel Enthusiast

Nothing in Peoria county yet, but I haven't looked too hard either, might check on Monday after these few warm days. Not really expecting much til it warms up more

15. psychoface

psychoface Young Morel

I found medium sized greys last week in coles county. And found about a pound today, and my first yellows of the season. They weren't fully grown yet. A lot of lil guys coming up too...

16. shannon

shannon Young Morel

Found my first of the year today! Small grays and only 9. Left them to grow and hopefully will go back in a couple days to find more after the so needed rain. Love morel season with summer coming! My find was in Hancock County. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

17. pearhead

pearhead Morel Enthusiast

Picked about 2 dozen grays yesterday in Shelby Co. All small and drying out...come on yellers!!!

18. shroomaholic

shroomaholic Morel Enthusiast

I've found 7 lbs of greys and yellows yesterday, yellows are just staring but there hitting alright
    Round dead elms . right next to you in montgomery/ fayette county

19. catfish12

catfish12 Morel Enthusiast

Found many very small greys in Peoria county, left them to grow. Wish it was easier to post pictures!

20. northcentral

northcentral Morel Enthusiast

Catfish12,
    THAT IS AWESOME. I was just down there the past wknd but wasnt able to hit the woods. I saw the may apples still coming up so I didnt want to disturb anything. Was this private or public land. My honey hole is down there and Im coming back down to take a look there on Sat morning