Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I live on the MO side of KC and will be spending next week out in Great Bend, KS. I hope to have a couple of hours in the evenings to do some looking, but have no clue where to look out that way because I have never spent any time out there. Would love some suggestions. If you don't want to post spots here for everyone to see, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well good luck!!!!! The wind blows about 2000 mph out there and there are no tree's and very little grass!!!! Head for the nearest river bank

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in olathe, looking for a hunting buddy, turned the woods upside down today,none here yet,found some great new spots,ground is moist , lots if deadfall n moss, hit me up ,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Checked four diff locations today, none popping in OLATHE area yet, areas are still quite moist, anybody wanna go hunting , I down hit me up

·
Registered
824 Posts
morelquest , been many years since I have been out there.. cottonwoods on the Arkansas is where i would start. If you can find any areas that burned in the last year or so, they are golden. Plum thickets and cedars are real good after burns. I picked out of the tall grass after burns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts