Central Missouri

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by slayerrd, Apr 14, 2013.

1. slayerrd

slayerrd Morel Enthusiast

Anyone find any around miller or morgan counties? I'm trying to decide weather to make the drive or wait a few days.

2. fungiguy

fungiguy Morel Enthusiast

Wait, went yesterday and today to honey holes that have produced year after year and didn't find anything here in central missouri.

3. slayerrd

Thanks for the info.

4. fungiguy

no problem, good luck out there. Ill be posting when I find em startin

5. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Morel Enthusiast

Found 4 giant reds in Morgan County today. Raining now, thinking that the 19 th on is gonna be killer...

6. been2long

been2long Morel Enthusiast

I am from Camden county, I found 2 blacks, 1 tan and 1 red yesterday 4/14 hoping there will be many more today :)

7. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Morel Enthusiast

8 whites today, will be back Wednesday.......

8. treasurehunter

treasurehunter Morel Enthusiast

I went out Sunday to 2 honey holes and nothing for me yet:( This new forum doesnt tell you where everyone is located does it? Im in Morgan County

9. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Morel Enthusiast

Morgan County.......

10. treasurehunter

Ok mmwtdh...so there are some out there in Morgan County just not in my spot:( Did find plently of ticks and have heard of a bunch of Red ones have been found but Im not looking for those. Glad your hunt payed off:)

11. slayerrd

A buddy of mine found 6 small ones today in morgan county. It's getting close. I wonder how the cool weather on Thursday and Friday will affect them?

12. slayerrd

I'm tempted to make the drive tomorrow but i don't wanna jump the gun.

13. slayerrd

Went today in miller county with nothing to show for it. Maybe next week.

14. treasurehunter

None here yet for me but all this rain kept me out and now colder weather. I dont know know if I should wait or work my way back in there??GRRR!!!

15. fungiguy

found several 2 inch greys in boone county literally 50 feet from the missouri river bank yesterday. I already ate them :)

16. treasurehunter

Fungi,
    River banks... YAY!!! I have the creek bottoms here in Morgan co. River bottoms Ive never been as dont know where to go without getting shot. I hope you enjoyed your catch and Ill get back out there in next couple days. Good luck all!:):)

17. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Morel Enthusiast

I'm gonna put my parka on and head out in a couple of hours........ see what happens.

18. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Morel Enthusiast

Ok, looked for 1 1/2 hours and found 28... Couple big white ones, the rest greys. They were in the leaves on a creek bank, hard to see. We'll see what tomorrow brings....

19. kay0213

kay0213 Morel Enthusiast

I'm headed to Putnam Co this weekend, with the rain and cooler temps, not sure what might be up. Any encouragement, it's a little cooler there than Columbia, season usually lags a few days up to a week. I appreciate the input. :)

20. derek099

derek099 Young Morel

I'm over in pilotgrove mo I've went a few times and haven't found jack squat.