Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are grays popping up in the Lawrence area. Found first ones 4/15. 1/2" rain last night should really get them going.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a dozen nice ones tonight. Seems like they just came up today - even in this cool weather. Had to be the rain last night that got them going.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a few in low lying brushy areas yesterday. Temps about right but seems too dry. Think a good rain would really get them going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I checked my honey holes Saturday and all I came up with were 13 smalls. They were starting to dry out too. If it rains a little, and we get the temps, might find a few more, but the grass is starting to get pretty tall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the grass is getting tall - sadly. There are areas where the grass doesn't matter and that's where we will have to focus. I plan to look tomorrow 4/25 and again over the weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice indeed!!!

I didn't get hardly any rain this week in my area, so I'm probably done shrooming until the chanterelles and the trumpets get going. Fingers crossed we'll have some summer rains!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ve been finding tons in the lawrence area. Despite the lack of rain they’re coming up pretty strong. The woods are growing up but I’m still finding mostly whites and some greys. Just started finding yellows today. I think there’s time left- perhaps a week?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agree, they are still coming up. Found a bunch of yellows today myself. Bottom land in thick stuff. Ticks are bad!
I just tried permethrin on my clothing for the first time today- worked like a charm. Me and a buddy each pulled 10 pounds today. Great season so far!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still plan to look after the rains forecasted this week. May be one last opportunity to find some in 2019. Hate to give up as the season goes by so quickly each year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, the woods are a soggy mess right now. Standing water in lots of areas and others are completely flooded. I checked three great spots and found a few in each place. They were bloated with water and covered in dirt- possibly from coming up through the mud or just from rain splatter. On the plus side, I really haven’t found much in the way of yellows this season, so it’s still possible that they start going nuts in the next few days/next week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not from Leavenworth but have hunted in that area. I'm around Lawrence. I might jump in a couple spots this afternoon and see what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts