Central/NE Kansas

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by Salt, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Salt

Salt Morel Enthusiast

Not from Leavenworth but have hunted in that area. I'm around Lawrence. I might jump in a couple spots this afternoon and see what it looks like.

2. hungryforshrooms

hungryforshrooms Morel Enthusiast

Do you think they will pop this weekend with all the moisture and the warm temps? What does everyone think.

3. Ticks are bad mmmkay

Ticks are bad mmmkay Morel Enthusiast

Yup definitely, my yard hasn't even started to produce yellows yet..

4. Ticks are bad mmmkay

Somebody in warrensburg, mo found like 2,000 shrooms, I just need enough to spread the family some love, thinking about driving up to northern Missouri, Iowa boarder to hunt.

5. Salt

Salt Morel Enthusiast

Hope they do pop around here this weekend. We know the moisture is there. Couple days with sun and 70's should do it. Went to a couple local beds last evening and nothing but blooming Mayapples and ticks! I didnt prep like I normally do and didnt stay long. Plan to look harder Sat /Sun.

6. Ticks are bad mmmkay

7. Salt

Salt Morel Enthusiast

Wow. Nice sized yellow! I didn't get a chance to hunt this weekend but plan to look as soon as I can. Keep hearing all the reports of massive finds in Missouri. Like to see that around here.

8. Salt

Salt Morel Enthusiast

Went out tonight to 8 of my favorite beds. Sad to say the ones I found were old and done. Thinking 2019 season over for this part of KS. Maybe a day or two to dry things a bit with some heat might change things. Dont know for sure. If anyone finds more post and let everyone know.

Attached Files: