Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I went out a couple days ago around Lawrence and it sounds like you did better than me. From what I’ve seen elsewhere they’re showing up in other parts of the state but just not here.
Tickbait - You been out this year yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on those first finds mmmkay. I also went out Sunday to a couple different spots. Yes it was warm but apparently not warm for a long enough time to make them sprout where I looked. I got a picture from a hunter that picked up a nice mess of grays and two yellows on Sunday in the Gardner area. They are beginning to pop!
Good to know I'm gonna hit it hard this week, and next week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Well I finally found some. They look so fresh I think they came up today. I have checked this location several times this season so it is possible they popped this morning. Only found them in one spot and I looked carefully all around the area. Neighbor found a batch on Friday 4/16. Again he found his in only one spot in his hunting area. Snow tomorrow - That ought to put them on hold for a few days... Fresh today 4-19.jpg Dead Elm trees cracked the code in both events

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Whats up there salt! I've been i found a nice mess yesterday, prolly 50 or so, some of a them a little on the end of thier life but definately got a chance to spore out.
Glad you found some MK! I have had a not so good year so far. I hear about folks finding some around these parts but no so much for me. I went on 4/26 and 4/27 to multiple spots and nothing but ticks. The 4/27 hunt was to one of my best grounds north of us that usually doesn't have a tick problem. Good Lord it was the worst I had ever seen (and I've seen some bad tick places....) I will not go back there this season!! Will continue to check closer places, but its starting to get late. Buddy sent me a picture of some guys hunting on 4/24 that had a load of big yellows in the back of their 4 wheeler bed. What a haul them boys made! I was wishing I knew the general area they hunted so I could try the same areas around here. Tight lipped sons of guns.... Good luck rest of season

61 - 65 of 65 Posts