Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found about a dozen very small yellows (?) Sunday afternoon in NE C-bus. Biggest one is about the size of a stubby baby carrot. This is a repeat spot for several years now. Going to check for growth and new caps this afternoon/evening. After yesterday's soaking rain, hope is high!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Today, Thursday in Franklin County.
I love it when they stand up and say "Here I am"

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
DSC03333 post.JPG

Around 30-35.

DSC03340 post.JPG

Lots of deer skeletons and this full shed antler pair within feet of each other.

DSC03342 post.JPG

·
Registered
596 Posts
This afternoon, Saturday. 18 out of 22-23 laid out on a slab of old bark.

DSC03356.JPG

Lots of variability to these, from fresh to dried out. As I write, I've already eaten them -- simple as possible, just butter & salt!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is how I find morels, I first I go to ebay buy a Natures designs hand carved morel mushroom walking stick, then throw it in the weeds and then find it the morel mushroom trains your eyes to see them hard to find morels

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice Hocking haul Thunter!
I'm making a spring water run to Hocking County Monday or Tuesday. Have to include time to hunt also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
went out this mourning, found 13 greys, this is first I have been out and this is the earliest I found these kind in size for many years, I hope this is whats to come. darke county

·
Registered
129 Posts
I found 21 yellows and 4 half frees today in spots near Columbus and Xenia. All were around dead elm. The ones near Xenia were large and some a little old, but the ones close to Columbus were still young and fresh. I would post photos but I keep getting error messages. All in all, I pretty much hate the new layout of this site....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found 21 yellows and 4 half frees today in spots near Columbus and Xenia. All were around dead elm. The ones near Xenia were large and some a little old, but the ones close to Columbus were still young and fresh. I would post photos but I keep getting error messages. All in all, I pretty much hate the new layout of this site....
Nive find.. I bn out 3 days lookin around live an dead elm an apple trees but no mushrooms only deer tracks lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Boy I am getting a late start this year. First I have logged on this year. Looks and feels different. Off for a quick walk about this morning.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Boy I am getting a late start this year. First I have logged on this year. Looks and feels different. Off for a quick walk about this morning.
"OldElm",here. Glad to see your still up and about sciotoguy. Always enjoy your post's and info. Have a GRAND spring. We're just on the verge of it ramping up over here in Wisconie.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well that certainly did not take long. 4 nice yellows out in my orchard. Seems kinda early, cant believe I just got around to take a look. Going to have to get serious now.

Hey Oldelm, Still up and around for sure. In fact an new and improved version. Lost 30+ pounds gave up the cigs and cut way down on the booze. Hope to get out and do some all day hunting like the ole days, no hill to big.

·
Registered
238 Posts
hey sciotoguy -- yes, good to see you and great job on the healthier new you. That's no easy task and you'll definitely reap the benefits. Haven't listened to music from you or 902nd in almost two years. Bad car accident had me just hangin' on. So thankful to be back on the board and I've actually been out huntin' this year but nothin' yet. Takes much more time than it used to but so glad I'm able to do it. Can't wait to show off the goods. LOL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts