Central Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by gregorymon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. gregorymon

gregorymon Morel Enthusiast

Found about a dozen very small yellows (?) Sunday afternoon in NE C-bus. Biggest one is about the size of a stubby baby carrot. This is a repeat spot for several years now. Going to check for growth and new caps this afternoon/evening. After yesterday's soaking rain, hope is high!

2. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Today, Thursday in Franklin County.
    I love it when they stand up and say "Here I am"

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] DSC03333 post.JPG

Around 30-35.

DSC03340 post.JPG

Lots of deer skeletons and this full shed antler pair within feet of each other.

DSC03342 post.JPG
    [​IMG]

3. Mushroomjunter1992

Mushroomjunter1992 Young Morel

Alexandria ohio

Attached Files:

CaptPallet likes this.
  4. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

This afternoon, Saturday. 18 out of 22-23 laid out on a slab of old bark.

DSC03356.JPG

Lots of variability to these, from fresh to dried out. As I write, I've already eaten them -- simple as possible, just butter & salt!!

5. carving

carving Morel Enthusiast

this is how I find morels, I first I go to ebay buy a Natures designs hand carved morel mushroom walking stick, then throw it in the weeds and then find it the morel mushroom trains your eyes to see them hard to find morels

6. thunter1

thunter1 Morel Enthusiast

hocking co....
    IMG_0018.JPG

1 person likes this.
  7. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Nice Hocking haul Thunter!
    I'm making a spring water run to Hocking County Monday or Tuesday. Have to include time to hunt also.

8. Nicholas Justice

Nicholas Justice Young Morel

Have u guys done any huntin in clermont county ohio

9. mutroondaddy

mutroondaddy Morel Enthusiast

went out this mourning, found 13 greys, this is first I have been out and this is the earliest I found these kind in size for many years, I hope this is whats to come. darke county

10. hugh

hugh Morel Connoisseur

I found 21 yellows and 4 half frees today in spots near Columbus and Xenia. All were around dead elm. The ones near Xenia were large and some a little old, but the ones close to Columbus were still young and fresh. I would post photos but I keep getting error messages. All in all, I pretty much hate the new layout of this site....

11. Nicholas Justice

Nicholas Justice Young Morel

Nive find.. I bn out 3 days lookin around live an dead elm an apple trees but no mushrooms only deer tracks lol

12. shroomsrus

shroomsrus Young Morel

Jackpot in Franklin County![​IMG][/IMG]

13. shroomsrus

shroomsrus Young Morel

14. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Shroomsrus--I had to ride the learning curve on pics.

I wanted to see you pics . . . so after finally getting to it, I decided to (try to) post you pic for others to see. Nice size yellows.

This is shroomsrus pic:
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

15. sciotoguy

sciotoguy Morel Connoisseur

Boy I am getting a late start this year. First I have logged on this year. Looks and feels different. Off for a quick walk about this morning.

1 person likes this.
  16. stcroix rob

stcroix rob Morel Connoisseur

"OldElm",here. Glad to see your still up and about sciotoguy. Always enjoy your post's and info. Have a GRAND spring. We're just on the verge of it ramping up over here in Wisconie.

17. sciotoguy

sciotoguy Morel Connoisseur

Well that certainly did not take long. 4 nice yellows out in my orchard. Seems kinda early, cant believe I just got around to take a look. Going to have to get serious now.

Hey Oldelm, Still up and around for sure. In fact an new and improved version. Lost 30+ pounds gave up the cigs and cut way down on the booze. Hope to get out and do some all day hunting like the ole days, no hill to big.

laurie1787 likes this.
  18. shroomin dave

shroomin dave Morel Enthusiast

Found these in Lancaster last Friday! 20170417_111855.jpg

laurie1787 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. inthewoods

inthewoods Morel Enthusiast

Found 23 4/11/17 in southern Montgomery county ohio
    All 3-4" yellows southern slope its always an early spot

20. morelsxs

morelsxs Morel Connoisseur

hey sciotoguy -- yes, good to see you and great job on the healthier new you. That's no easy task and you'll definitely reap the benefits. Haven't listened to music from you or 902nd in almost two years. Bad car accident had me just hangin' on. So thankful to be back on the board and I've actually been out huntin' this year but nothin' yet. Takes much more time than it used to but so glad I'm able to do it. Can't wait to show off the goods. LOL

laurie1787 likes this.