1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Certification classes

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by mn jake, Feb 24, 2017.

1. mn jake

mn jake Young Morel

Hello all, I am a new member. I have been interested in taking certification courses for a couple years. I have been researching, picking and eating wild picked mushrooms since 2010. I was just on MN dept of ag website and saw that morels are the only sellable mushroom by individuals in MN. Is this true or am I understanding it wrong? I make maple syrup also and the regulations are extremely vague for that too. Not surprised really but any direction would be greatly appreciated. I don't believe that going thru the trouble and cost to be certified would pay off for a couple week season a year.

2. idratherbeshroomin

idratherbeshroomin Young Morel

Mike Kempenich, aka The Gentleman Forager offers classes. He offers certifications for several edible mushrooms in Minnesota and awesome weekend shroom festivals.

gentlemanforager.com

3. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

a lot of people take the courses for the pride of doing so. which if it would hit on my schedule, I would take the course for sure. And if you look up the one time cost and add all the weeks up year after year its not too bad.

4. agarikon

agarikon Young Morel

The Minnesota Mycological Society offers state certification classes. Many species of mushrooms can be sold with proper certification. The Morel, Black Trumpet, Chanterelle class is full.