Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oneida County. Valley of the Mohawk. Elevation 900' Found my first of the year Chanterelle buttons. Enjoy the hunt!

·
Registered
290 Posts
GREAT! I was wondering when this new topic would pop up.Seems a touch early but I'll take it! Plenty of moisture,new laces in hikers and shroom stick by the door.Carry extra bags kids! Thinkin' banner year.Happy Hunting!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Someone was claiming chants in one of the mushroom groups I am a part of on Facebook yesterday. They posted pictures and there was some arguing in the group about whether or not they were actually chants. The caps were a little atypical but I am convinced they are the real deal.

I went out to check some of my spots that produced early last year and saw nothing. I plan on going out at the end of the week and checking again. Can you post some pics GEO pictures always get me excited to get out and hunt.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not much of a pic but this early spot has been producing for years. Both of my earliest spots are on the fringes of pasture where I surmise either get more sun or warming soil temps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awesome, These are the 1st mushroom of the season I consistently have good luck with. They are pretty common around here so the kids love going out an looking with me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stopped for a quick peek at one of my spots and buttons everywhere! Some almost big enough for that first tasting.Yum! But this post is about the three perfect orange birch boletes on the trail getting there.2 to 3 inch caps. Early for these.Gonna slice 'em thin and saute for a taste tonight.Happy Hunting!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where are all the chants at? I didnt get to look this weekend and expected to get on to everyone posting their finds. Im going to try to get out today or tomorrow and check a few spots.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took a walk Saturday but was so strung out from work I wasn't looking too hard. Did come across some buttons but few and far in between. Bad start to my Chant year. Did run into some Oysters but I passed them by and wandered around aimlessly. Work sucks. Too beat to enjoy the hunt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got out to most of my spots today. Came back with a a pretty big haul. Bugs had only gotten to a couple and the heat was starting to dry them a little. Close to perfect though. I doubt this batch will last much longer. Luckily there were plenty of little ones trying to poke through too. If we get a little rain Ill be back to harvest those same spots again this weekend

1 - 20 of 82 Posts