Chants and summer shrooms #3

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by Kokomorel, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Neecienee

Neecienee Morel Enthusiast

Wow looks delicious! Is it too late to hunt northern MI for hens or chickens?

2. Kokomorel

Kokomorel Morel Connoisseur

Have you found any hens up in northern Indiana

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019

3. cwlake

cwlake Morel Connoisseur

It's starting to look like the hens have made their last flush in N. In. I found one fresh one this week. Many of my reliable trees did not produce this year. it's been subpar up till now. This is about as late as I've ever found them. it's gonna get cooold by the weekend. Time to pull out the ice fishing gear! You folks have a good winter!

4. jdaniels313

jdaniels313 Morel Connoisseur

Hey Kokomorel , I got something I think you'll appreciate! Haven't had much luck most of the year but I think the fish gods were feeling sorry for me! This one brought me out of my depression! Also found a batch of Honeys growing in the back yard to go with it! Happy Shroomin'.... Big Shasta Lake Bass.jpg DSC_0467.jpg

3 people like this.
  5. Kokomorel

Kokomorel Morel Connoisseur

Very nice enjoy

6. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nice

7. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Finally got out last weekend and found enough hens for a couple of meals, Looking forward to spring.

2 people like this.
  8. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Been a pretty poor Fall here. Never saw a single hen, pinky, oyster, or anything else. Basically, the only thing that was a plus for me this season was that I found a place where there were Chants.

9. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i had a strange, but Enjoyable Dream of finding Morels night before last..
    Other than that i haven't been in the Woods since May, been working 20191103_132643.jpg 20191109_180738.jpg the Moon and Sky where so Beautiful a few nights ago

1 person likes this.