Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you found any hens up in northern Indiana
It's starting to look like the hens have made their last flush in N. In. I found one fresh one this week. Many of my reliable trees did not produce this year. it's been subpar up till now. This is about as late as I've ever found them. it's gonna get cooold by the weekend. Time to pull out the ice fishing gear! You folks have a good winter!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Have you found any hens up in northern Indiana
Hey Kokomorel , I got something I think you'll appreciate! Haven't had much luck most of the year but I think the fish gods were feeling sorry for me! This one brought me out of my depression! Also found a batch of Honeys growing in the back yard to go with it! Happy Shroomin'....
Big Shasta Lake Bass.jpg
DSC_0467.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

·
Registered
511 Posts
Been a pretty poor Fall here. Never saw a single hen, pinky, oyster, or anything else. Basically, the only thing that was a plus for me this season was that I found a place where there were Chants.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I found some strange mushrooms, polypores I assume, that I didn't recognize and thought I'd post them here to see if any of you-all might have a clue. They were about 5-6 inches across and they are kinda fuzzy or hairy on top and the underside was a greenish yellow tint. Any thoughts out there? Happy Shroomin'......
DSC_0474.jpg
DSC_0473.jpg
DSC_0471.jpg

·
Registered
511 Posts
The underside, (and thank you for that pic), does NOT look like a polypore, but more like a "toothed" mushroom. I can't get any more specific than that. This is one I've also never seen before.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I noticed that as well. Maybe we'll get more people to weigh in on that. It's kinda cool to find one that I've never found before. Hopefully I can put a name on it just for knowledge's sake! Thanks for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
1,911 Posts
Me and Chewy .. accompanied Robinbluebird .. to a location near a Favorite Morel site and..
20191128_154325.jpg

Morgan Monroe Forest today..
She wanted to Shoot her Pistol ..
Target practice, pop thru some old ammo...She had a Very Smiling Happy Time
Screenshot_20191128-175023_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191128-175138_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
161 - 180 of 194 Posts