1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

chants and trumpets

Discussion in 'New York' started by pullcord, Jul 30, 2013.

1. pullcord

pullcord Young Morel

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

Wow beautiful shrooms pullcord. can you discribe what the area you found the trumpets in was like. I have only found one tiny bunch of them. never see them.I try looking down in stead of around but still no luck.

3. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

4. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

i,m soooo jealous! nice batch! also curious about environment and conditions.except for a few some friends gave me,haven't seen a trumpet in two seasons.shrooms have been scarce here lately but waiting for rebound after recent rains and hoping for more.FINGERS CROSSED AND EYES ON THE GROUND!!

5. lithic hunter

lithic hunter Morel Enthusiast

Those are nice!
    I was able to check my spots last weekend and only found a handful of trumpets that weren't dried out. The spot was loaded with chants though, but 2/3 of them were past prime. I was able to get a few dozen.
    Luckily for me, my best chant and trumpet spot are nearly overlapping. Only about 30yds separating them!
    I actually just had a chant/trumpet frittata. Yum!

6. lithic hunter

Oops I forgot to add the pic. Anyways, these are from last weekend. It was getting dark in the woods and in my haste I forgot to bring my mesh bag, so I had to use my shirt to haul them out.
    Happy hunting!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  7. lynkage

nice! where are you guys located and how's the rainfall been?a lot of these heavy rains seem to scoot past here.i'm in watkins glen area.

8. lithic hunter

Broome County. Rainfall has been decent here. Getting a bit dry, but that is gonna change soon.

9. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Utica area. Decent moisture in the woods, looks like a cold front coming through.

10. lynkage

hiked all morning,found a dozen hedgehogs,a nice batch of chants,a couple yellow scabers and one lonely edulis.anybody have any thoughts on the lack of boletes after such a great start? moisture seems OK in spots but did have that hot-dry spell.take care all!

11. pullcord

pullcord Young Morel

sorry for not getting back to everyone, I have had many great hauls this year, weather has seemed to be prime here in broome county. I found many oyster , chants , trumpets, sulfer shelfs and the best of most LOBSTERS , just love them! Will be getting out soon to look for some chant tubbies and hens ! Have a good day!