Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be checking along the Sacramento River in the Redding and Anderson (800-1000 ft.) areas this week. They are calling for temps to hit 90-92 one day this week, so I will head to Mt. Lassen area by Fri.(4000-5000ft) to check it out there. I will post my findings when I get back and let everyone know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my first 4 yesterday at about 2500 3 gray and 1 big yellow :lol: lots of false ones out, with high Temps in the valley and possibly rain on the weekend things should start to POP!!!!! Let the fun begin!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats great that we have precip in the forecast. I'll be hunting in Tahoe and El Dorado national forests this year. I'll be attempting to hunt near Chicago Park, CA this weekend. The weater, soil temps, and elevations check out. Hopefully i can find this burn area but if not maybe i'll stumble up on some natural ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Autuca0308 I did find the fire location. If you would like to hunt that area with me I'd be more than happy to trudge around with you. I think it's still early but good luck out there. Just google morel hunting forest fires and it'll tell you all you need to know. Or just send me a message and I'll give you a ring. Going this weekend to a fire that's a few years old so we'll see what the rains do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts