Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard tell of success up here in far No. Calif. I'm going out tomorrow to see for myself and will post when I return. Hopefully it's true! Happy Shroomin'.....

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I heard tell of success up here in far No. Calif. I'm going out tomorrow to see for myself and will post when I return. Hopefully it's true! Happy Shroomin'.....
Well I'm back from my recon trip. I started at 3700 ft. 'cause I heard rumors of some Morels poppin' up there, but saw nothing. I worked my way toward Lassen Park checking at 4500 and 5000 ft. just in case but found nothing also. In fact, near the park entrance there is till a good 6-7 inches of snow everywhere the sun doesn't hit so it'll be a while for that area.
We then came down and checked some areas at about 2500-2700 but still nothing. So we said heck with it and came down off the mountains and checked along the Sacramento River at @ 850-1000. My best guess is that we're looking at a week at the lower elevations so the sun & temps can get the ground warmed a bit more and probably an additional week above 2500.
It just goes to show that you can't believe everything you hear! It's kinda like fishin' stories!....Happy Shroomin'....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts