Chester County

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by rodhassler, Apr 17, 2017.

1. rodhassler

rodhassler Young Morel

I'm starting a thread for Chester county (SE Pa) in case anyone else is interested.

I went out this last weekend on Friday and Saturday for a total of about 3 hours and found nothing. I was searching south facing slopes under tulip poplars. Found 4 antler sheds though! Ha

2. Wilton Marburger

Wilton Marburger Young Morel

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

3. Wilton Marburger

Out for an hour in Phoenixville area. They are starting

4. rodhassler

rodhassler Young Morel

Hi Wilton! I'm in Phoenixville as well so that's good to know. I started morel hunting last year but with little kids + not much experience I'm a bit limited in my ability to search, so it's good to know what other people are seeing. Thanks!

5. Wilton Marburger

Too funny, I just had my first (8 months old) and this is year 2 for me as well. I have yet to figure out a rhyme or reason as to my search methods. I seem to find them around more mature trees (we do have lots of poplars) in areas where sun gets through the canopy but does not directly hit the morels. I find them on North side of property woods that get morning sun.

6. rodhassler

rodhassler Young Morel

Went out today for a couple hours and found two morels. One big yellow and one very small black that was already starting to get soft. Not exactly a bonanza.