Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going out looking the last couple days with no luck. Ground is just to dry. Going out again this evening to my honey spot. Will keep everyone posted with my findings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went out for about 5 hours today, it's getting there, but nothing for me in the Chilli-Sparland area. I am looking, will break down and buy them if I have to...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was out today, at one of my early spots. Everything looks right and the ground temps are spot on for morels, all signs point to go. We just need a good rain. As far as the temps go next week that might not be a bad thing as long as we have a cooler than normal May; Which I don't think is unlikely considering the ridiculously cool summer we had last year. Times are changing peeps, gotta make the best of what you got. Still hoping for a good season!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah last yr I found my first one the 16th. Hopefully next week with warmer temps they will start poppin. Ground cover is getting thick in some spots

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out last night and found about 20 very small greys. Only picked 10 that were worth it. Went out today to try some other spots and nothing. Think I am going to wait till Tomorrow or Monday and see if they start poppin good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
going to head back out for a quick look. Was going to wait but yall know how it is. Once you get the fever you just cant stop :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts