Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Any other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
No walking needed when looking for hens. Keep your eyes peeled when driving and you should find more than you need. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
42 Posts
No walking needed when looking for hens. Keep your eyes peeled when driving and you should find more than you need. Happy Hunting!
tip worked i found 4 different spots so far driving. 2 of them two moldy and the other two the stumps were so rotted i couldn't tell if it was a conifer or not. I'm not that good with tree iD been learning. But it is exciting to find something I got the mushroom madness. o_O:)

·
Registered
496 Posts
True that! Found my first batch from a high spot and scanning the woods with a pair of binoculars. Spotted them about 250 yards away! Found my first Chants last year and couldn't believe I had never spotted them before, but I wasn't looking in the right spots. Walked a path along and Oak, Beech, Maple ridge last year and it took about 10 seconds to spot my first one!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a spot for ground chicken, L. Cincinnatus. But last year it was to wet for it, this year too dry, but in the car on the ride home I spotted a beautiful cluster at the base of an old oak tree. L. sulphureus was dinner that night. I love mine pan fried with fresh garlic and parsley, over either pasta or gold potatoes. This batch actually continued to grow in the paper bag I put it in, in the fridge. And I've now got a soggy bag with mycelium all over it. Looks I'm got new stuff to try and grow lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts