Columbia (MIzzou)

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by scarboni007, Apr 15, 2014.

1. scarboni007

scarboni007 Morel Enthusiast

Does anyone know of any decent places to go in Columbia, MO to hopefully find some Morels---not asking for anyone's honey hole just a good general area to start looking. I looked all over the MKT trail behind my apartments last year and didnt find a single one, but i started a little late last year. This year I have gone out a couple times to the MKT & Katy Trail deep into the woods and havent found anything yet. I did however go to Table Rock Lake this weekend to fish and stumbled across 1.5 lbs of smaller greys in one area along the river while fishing---hopefully they move north this way soon. Happy hunting to everyone!

2. eagleeye-g

eagleeye-g Morel Enthusiast

There a quite a few conservation areas and state parks all within 20 min drive of columbia. The city has also been buying up some new land for parks. Happy hunting!

3. sakoondomla

sakoondomla Young Morel

Yes i know several very good spots around columbia but its all on private land. There are def many lbs of mushrooms growing in the area though.

4. sakoondomla

sakoondomla Young Morel

After looking at the forecasts ect i can say monday - wednesday of next week will be prime mushroom hunting conditions. GLHF

5. scarboni007

scarboni007 Morel Enthusiast

I went out for a couple hours yesterday on the Forum part of the MKT trail yesterday with a buddy and we went pretty deep into the woods and along the creek bottoms, but no such luck. Starting to look a lot like spring & the may apples are starting to bloom so hopefully they will start popping very soon next week possibly. Think I am going to give up on that area---just seems like a very good spot to be looking especially since its not picked by very many in the areas I go to. Might try out a different part of the trail next week or maybe head over to Rockbridge State park. Good luck everyone!