Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Columbia (MIzzou)

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scarboni007 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any decent places to go in Columbia, MO to hopefully find some Morels---not asking for anyone's honey hole just a good general area to start looking. I looked all over the MKT trail behind my apartments last year and didnt find a single one, but i started a little late last year. This year I have gone out a couple times to the MKT & Katy Trail deep into the woods and havent found anything yet. I did however go to Table Rock Lake this weekend to fish and stumbled across 1.5 lbs of smaller greys in one area along the river while fishing---hopefully they move north this way soon. Happy hunting to everyone!

#5 ·
I went out for a couple hours yesterday on the Forum part of the MKT trail yesterday with a buddy and we went pretty deep into the woods and along the creek bottoms, but no such luck. Starting to look a lot like spring & the may apples are starting to bloom so hopefully they will start popping very soon next week possibly. Think I am going to give up on that area---just seems like a very good spot to be looking especially since its not picked by very many in the areas I go to. Might try out a different part of the trail next week or maybe head over to Rockbridge State park. Good luck everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.