1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Coming soon in South Central PA?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by therodster14, Mar 28, 2017.

1. therodster14

therodster14 Young Morel

Hello everyone! This year my youngest son and I plan on making our first attempt at Morel hunting. With this warm weekend coming will there be a chance to see any yet, or will it take a longer period of warmth? Thanks and any hunting tips would be appreciated. We have about 15 acres to search. Even finding any would be considered a success. Thanks!

2. wildshroomer

wildshroomer Morel Enthusiast

Still way to early rod...at least another 2 weeks before the blacks start popping...where are you located? I'm 50 miles north of Harrisburg....good luck this year.

3. therodster14

therodster14 Young Morel

Thanks for the response! I am 15 miles south of Harrisburg.

4. yergaderga

yergaderga Morel Enthusiast

It's going to be in the upper seventies multiple days next week in Cumberland and with plenty of rain. I think it will be promising.

5. avirosa

avirosa Young Morel

Blacks should be up next week, soil temp and moisture the biggest factors. Soil temp around 50+ for several days to get them started. I'm from 16 miles south of Harrisburg , Carlisle area. Good Luck

1 person likes this.
  6. dustmight

dustmight Young Morel

Mechanicsburg here...thunderstorms last night and temps climbing to 80 next week...
    Now all I need is to have "The Dream" and its on!

1 person likes this.
  7. cableguy726

cableguy726 Morel Enthusiast

They are up 100 miles north of you. They are up down there! IMG_1387.JPG

2 people like this.
  8. therodster14

therodster14 Young Morel

I am in Dillsburg.

9. zimboydevon

zimboydevon Morel Enthusiast

I am in Lebanon county and have been looking for several days with nothing yet... but I have yet to find the hotspot so that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't some where

Ringer2x and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Charman03

Charman03 Morel Enthusiast

Hey rodster, have you had any luck in dillsburg? I'm yet to find one around here in past years.

1 person likes this.
  11. zimboydevon

zimboydevon Morel Enthusiast

Was out 2 hrs again this morning and still nothing... kinda getting frustrating.. Lebanon/schullkill county

1 person likes this.
  12. chase2634

chase2634 Morel Enthusiast

I'm in SEPA and been out in 3 prime spots that produced well last year and so far haven't found 1. Seeing all the rights signs just no morels. Baffling.

1 person likes this.
  13. yergaderga

yergaderga Morel Enthusiast

Hey I'm only about 20 minutes west of you! I can't seem to find them anymore. I gotta find somewhere that actually has public land with elms.

1 person likes this.
  14. fungifriend

fungifriend Morel Enthusiast

found today in south central PA

Attached Files:

15. Charman03

16. Charman03

Found small blacks today that looked like they just started. Also found a grey at other spot. Didn't look long just wanted to see if they were starting