Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This year my youngest son and I plan on making our first attempt at Morel hunting. With this warm weekend coming will there be a chance to see any yet, or will it take a longer period of warmth? Thanks and any hunting tips would be appreciated. We have about 15 acres to search. Even finding any would be considered a success. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Still way to early rod...at least another 2 weeks before the blacks start popping...where are you located? I'm 50 miles north of Harrisburg....good luck this year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's going to be in the upper seventies multiple days next week in Cumberland and with plenty of rain. I think it will be promising.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone! This year my youngest son and I plan on making our first attempt at Morel hunting. With this warm weekend coming will there be a chance to see any yet, or will it take a longer period of warmth? Thanks and any hunting tips would be appreciated. We have about 15 acres to search. Even finding any would be considered a success. Thanks!
Blacks should be up next week, soil temp and moisture the biggest factors. Soil temp around 50+ for several days to get them started. I'm from 16 miles south of Harrisburg , Carlisle area. Good Luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in SEPA and been out in 3 prime spots that produced well last year and so far haven't found 1. Seeing all the rights signs just no morels. Baffling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Blacks should be up next week, soil temp and moisture the biggest factors. Soil temp around 50+ for several days to get them started. I'm from 16 miles south of Harrisburg , Carlisle area. Good Luck
Hey I'm only about 20 minutes west of you! I can't seem to find them anymore. I gotta find somewhere that actually has public land with elms.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Found small blacks today that looked like they just started. Also found a grey at other spot. Didn't look long just wanted to see if they were starting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts