Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning! We moved into a new house two years ago and I found these guys growing along the driveway. I am 99% sure they are morel but figured that 1% could really ruin my day. Thoughts?
IMG_6471.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Found a few big guys today.
Very nice Muncher! Those big ones are always fun to find. I got some decent ones myself. Found a fair amount of past ones. But surprisingly there were also so wee morels just popping up. Darn things are keeping me in the woods for at least another week. Best year ever for me in Connecticut.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice Muncher! Those big ones are always fun to find. I got some decent ones myself. Found a fair amount of past ones. But surprisingly there were also so wee morels just popping up. Darn things are keeping me in the woods for at least another week. Best year ever for me in Connecticut.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What a beautiful cluster in that shot. I've found and identified meadow mushrooms a few times but never tried eating them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What a beautiful cluster in that shot. I've found and identified meadow mushrooms a few times but never tried eating them.
Meadows are delicious. Try a little bit at first. You will love them. I couldn't possibly eat all those so I scraped the gills into a bucket. Mixed with water. Spread them in the front yard. This technique worked in my parents yard. They now get Meadows every year. Pretty cool. On another occasion I scraped extra Oysters on their wounded Maple tree. A few years later....they have oysters. You done looking for morels?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll have to give them a shot, there hasn't been many wild fungi I didn't enjoy. I'm still looking, found a bunch of prime fruits yesterday. I usually follow them a bit north then return home for reishi harvest and ovoid hunting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll have to give them a shot, there hasn't been many wild fungi I didn't enjoy. I'm still looking, found a bunch of prime fruits yesterday. I usually follow them a bit north then return home for reishi harvest and ovoid hunting.
Good for you! Awesome that you are still hittin them. I head North as well. Hit some higher elevation. If I have the energy I will make one more trip. Good luck with all your mushroom hunts. Nothing like being in the woods!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts